Through the Liberty Partnerships Program (LPP), Marist College provides services to at-risk youth in the Kingston School District and Poughkeepsie City School District. To expand opportunities for these students, LPP builds partnerships with local organizations and businesses.
Marist provides leadership and resources including use of its facilities, access to faculty and students, and administrative regulatory oversight. Marist faculty provide training for tutors and mentors and Marist staff participate in the Career Academy or provide workshops in Experience Marist, LPP's summer program. The College offers a merit scholarship to LPP students who enter the College through regular admissions. This scholarship is equal to a 50% reduction in tuition costs.
In addition to the Poughkeepsie City School District and Kingston School District, LPP has partnerships with the following organizations:
- Boys and Girls Club of Kingston
- Family Partnership Center
- Family Services, Inc.
- Literacy Connections
- Mid-Hudson Consortium of Pre-College Programs
- Mill Street Loft
- New York State Department of Health
- Poughkeepsie Public Library District
- School of Social and Behavioral Sciences at Marist
- Ulster County Office of Employment and Training
- Upward Bound