At this time, we are recruiting only 8th graders. Eighth graders who wish to participate in the program following the completion of 8th grade need to submit completed application packets by January 6, 2014. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications received after the due dates are processed if there are student enrollment vacancies.
To have a better understanding of how Upward Bound operates, and the required standard(s) your child must meet in order to qualify for our services, we ask that you read the Director Introduction Letter and Program Description.
Before downloading the UB applicatipon, please download and read in it's entirety the 8th grade instructions for completing UB Application as it will help to guide you through the application process.
Listed below are all the forms that are to be completed and submitted to our office:
- Marist College Upward Bound Student Application and checklist (four pages)
- Upward Bound Student Recommendation Form (two forms are included when printed)
- Upward Bound Student Disciplinary Action Release Form
- Transcript and School Records Request Form
- Participation Waiver Form
- Photo-Video Waiver
- Health Form for Children, Youth and Adults
Candidates must also submit copies of the following documents, which can be obtained through your school's guidance department (form provided above):
- An official school transcript which includes 3 years of academic records
- Most recent report card for the current school year
- NYS Grade 7* standardized test scores in English Language Arts (ELA) and Math
(**8th grade test scores will be requested by our office in the fall of their 9th grade year.)
- An IEP report (when applicable)
The complete application packet will also include a copy of the student's Social Security card, copy of the most recently filed federal tax return (form 1040) and documentation of current immigration status for non-U.S. citizens.
Should the student meet eligibility requirements and have a completed application with required documents, then an interview will be requested for you and your child with an Upward Bound staff member.
Please be certain that all parts of the application are carefully filled out by a parent, or legal guardian. Incomplete applications will result in delays, and will not be reviewed until complete. Application materials must be sent to the Marist Upward Bound Admissions Committee, 3399 North Road, Poughkeepsie NY 12601-1387.
If you need assistance, please call our office at 575-3258 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you call after 5:00 p.m., you may leave a brief message.
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 to open the forms on this page. Download Acrobat Reader now.