Communication and the Arts Concentration
Earn an Adult Bachelor’s Degree with a Communication and the Arts Concentration
Through the Marist College Communication and the Arts concentration, non-traditional adult bachelor’s degree students will develop an understanding and application of essential communication, oral and written skills necessary for success in today's work environment. The Marist College online Communications and the Arts concentration, through the Liberal Studies adult bachelor’s degree program, will provide a foundation for careers requiring strong communication skills. Adult bachelor’s degree students pursuing the Communication and the Arts concentration will be provided with the necessary knowledge to excel as professional communicators and media artists in a complex communication-driven society.
During the Communication and the Arts concentration curriculum, adult bachelor’s degree students will benefit from an emphasis on speaking and writing skills, developing media literacy, critical thinking and problem solving. Students finishing their bachelor’s degree through Marist's continuing education program who are interested in a career in public relations, advertising, or communication will develop an understanding of communication theory and how to translate this into practice within their career.
A Flexible Online or On-Campus Communication and the Arts Concentration
The Communication and the Arts concentration is ideal for non-traditional students, including military veterans, 2-year community college transfer students, and/or adult students who wish to finish their undergraduate degree. The Communication and the Arts concentration can be completed 100% online, on-campus, or through a hybrid of both providing non-traditional bachelor’s degree students with the flexibility needed to complete their degree.
Contact Marist College today to learn more about enrolling in the Communication and the Arts concentration through Marist's adult bachelor’s degree program.
Communication and the Arts Degree Professions
• Media production
• Digital video
• Corporate/ organization
• Television journalism
• Public relations
• Conflict mediation
Online and On-campus Communication and the Arts Courses
- Intercultural Communication - A Communication and the Arts course focusing on the importance of culture in everyday lives, as well as the ways in which culture relates to and effects the process of communication.
- Arts and Values – A Communication and the Arts course designed to provide students with an understanding of arts as a social and cultural force.
- Gender and Cultural Communication – A course designed to provide students with critical thinking and analytical knowledge in regards to gender and communication within cultures.
- Small Group Communication – A Communication and the Arts course focused on providing an understanding of the communication dynamics of work groups.
- History of Photography – A course detailing the History of Photography and its influence on arts and communication.
At Marist, we offer many fields of study, and adults wishing to continue their education can earn or finish their bachelor’s degree both online or through on-location courses at our Poughkeepsie, NY campus. Contact us today to learn more about how the Marist College Liberal Studies Communication and the Arts bachelor’s degree can help you excel in your career.
Related Pages and Additional Information
- Liberal Studies Adult Education Concentrations
- Is Liberal Studies Right For You?
- Liberal Studies / Adult Education undergraduate Advising