B.A./B.S. Professional Studies degree Completion Program
Adult Bachelor’s Degree Program Curriculum
On-Campus, Hybrid and Online Professional Studies degree Formats
The Professional Studies degree for non-traditional and adult students can be completed in various ways. The curriculum of the B.A. / B.S. in Professional Studies offers a variety of delivery formats including on-ground, online, and hybrid-style classes. Students can take classes in the 15-week on-ground format, 8-week online format, or a combination of online and on-ground, or in the 6-week hybrid cohort format (known as the Organizational Leadership & Communication program).
Provided are sample curriculum schedules based on a student starting with 60 credits taking classes in the various formats enrolled as part-time status. Each student will have a unique scenario at the time of admissions. Marist will help tailor a course schedule that best meets the needs of individual students to earn a bachelor's degree.
Professional Studies On-campus, Online and Hybrid Bachelor’s Degree Formats
- Attend on-ground in our state-of-the-art classrooms and computer labs. On-ground students choose two to three concentrations, including Communication, Psychology, and Information Technology & Systems.
- Each academic year is made up of two 15-week semesters with summer and winter interim classes available. All on-campus classes are offered at Marist’s main campus in Poughkeepsie, NY.
- Sample Class schedule
- online courses through one of the nation's most connected campuses. Online students select two to three concentrations from among several options, Management Studies, IT Management, Organizational Communication, Behavioral Studies, and Organizational Leadership.
- Online classes are accessible nationwide and are taught in an 8-week format.
- Sample Class schedule
- The Organizational Leadership and Communication (OLC) cohort is a unique program that consists of hybrid courses containing both online and on-ground components offered one night per week on our Poughkeepsie campus.
- Each semester will consist of four 6-week classes totaling 12 credits per semester
- Sample class schedule
Non-traditional students who choose to enroll in the Finish@Marist Professional Studies program have the option to choose 2-3 fields of study to have as degree concentrations. Our comprehensive program allows students the option of learning 100% online, on campus or through a hybrid of both, allowing for complete flexibility while earning your Bachelor’s degree.
Your Academic Advisor will work with you to choose a degree style the meets your needs and goals.