Liberal Studies Academic Honors and Distinctions
Bachelor’s Degree Dean’s List, National Honors Society and Graduation Honors
Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society: The Marist College Gamma Eta Chapter has been inducting non-traditional students in to this honor society since 1982. Students are invited into the honor society based on the following criteria:
- Senior level (90 credits or more)
- Must have completed at least 30 credits at Marist
- Cumulative GPA of 3.600 or higher
Graduation Honors: At commencement, three grades of honors are awarded to those graduates who have completed a minimum of 60 credits of study at Marist College and who have maintained a superior level of achievement:
- Summa Cum Laude, or highest honors, awarded to those having a cumulative grade-point average of 3.85 and no grade below B.
- Magna Cum Laude, or high honors, awarded to those having a cumulative grade-point average of 3.6 and no grade below C.
- Cum Laude, or with honor, for those having a cumulative grade-point average of 3.25 or above.