Liberal Studies Bachelor’s Degree Psychology Area of Study
Earn Your B.A. Degree with a Psychology Area of Study
Earning a bachelor's degree with a Psychology area of study through our Liberal Studies program is a great way to join a growing career field while gaining an understanding of people and making a difference in their lives. Employment of psychologists is expected to grow at a rate of about 12% through 2018.
The Liberal Studies bachelor’s degree Psychology area of study is geared towards non-traditional, adult students, military veterans, and college transfer students looking to earn or finish their degree. The program focuses on personal development and development of worldviews.
While enrolled in the Psychology concentration, students will learn how to organize, analyze and interpret data while gaining an understanding of what makes people do certain things, a very marketable skill in a wide range of career settings. The goal of the program is to provide Psychology students with the necessary tools to be able to explore psychological theories and apply psychological principles to real-world career environments.
After completing an undergraduate degree either online or on-campus, many Psychology students often move on to further their education in law, medicine and life sciences. A Bachelor's in Liberal Studies with an area of study in Psychology can act as the perfect starting point for a variety of graduate degree programs.
On-campus and Online Psychology Degree Courses
- Personality Development – A Psychology course designed to provide in-depth information about various personality types, theories of personality development and stages of development.
- Industrial Psychology – A course designed to provide students with an understanding of psychology of people within the workplace.
- The Exceptional Child – A Psychology course focusing on the study of child disabilities and disorders including characteristics, etiologies, federal and state laws.
- Child Adolescent Development – A Psychology course designed to study the issues with children, adolescents and their families.
- Adult Development – A Psychology course focusing on adulthood as an evolutionary era.
If you're looking for an adult or continuing education program that has a variety of both online and on-campus options, and are interested in a career in human services, community organization, or government, the Psychology degree program through the Marist Liberal Studies major may be perfect for you.
Marist College is located in Poughkeepsie, New York. At Marist, we offer many fields of study both online and through on-location courses at our campus. Contact us to learn more about the online and on-campus Liberal Studies bachelor’s degree Psychology concentration.
Related Pages and Additional Information
- Liberal Studies Adult Education Areas of Study
- Earning Your Psychology Degree Online
- Online Class Schedule
- On Grounds Course Schedule
- Hybrid Course Schedule