Psychology Bachelor's Degree Concentration
Earn Your Undergraduate Degree Through a Psychology Major
Earning a Bachelor's degree in Psychology is a great way to join a growing career field while gaining an understanding of people and making a difference in their lives. Employment of psychologists is expected to grow at a rate of about 12% through 2018. If you're interested in a career in human services, community organization, or government, the Psychology Bachelor’s degree program through the Marist Liberal Studies major provides undergraduate students with a focus in personal development and development of world views. Psychology Bachelor’s degree Liberal Studies students are able to explore psychological theories and apply psychological principles to real-world career environments.
Through the Liberal Studies Psychology Bachelor's degree program at Marist College, undergraduate students enrolled in the school of study will learn how to gather, organize, analyze and interpret data. Psychology Bachelor’s degree students gain an understanding of what makes people do certain things, a very marketable skill in a wide range of career settings.
Psychology Degree Professions
Human Factors Psychology
After completing an undergraduate degree, many Psychology students often move on to further their education in law, medicine and life sciences. A Bachelor's in Psychology can act as the perfect starting point for a variety of graduate degree programs.
On-campus and Online Psychology Courses
- Personality Development – A Psychology course designed to provide in-depth information about various personality types, theories of personality development and stages of development.
- Industrial Psychology – A course designed to provide students with an understanding of psychology of people within the workplace.
- The Exceptional Child – A Psychology course focusing on the study of child disabilities and disorders including characteristics, etiologies, federal and state laws.
- Child Adolescent Development – A Psychology course designed to study the issues with children, adolescents and their families.
- Adult Development – A Psychology course focusing on adulthood as an evolutionary era.
Marist College is located in New York. At Marist, we offer many fields of study both online and through on-location courses at our Poughkeepsie, NY campus.