What Is A Liberal Studies Degree?
An education in liberal studies is learning for life, work, and global citizenship.
Why Choose a Liberal Studies degree?
Why choose to complete your education with a degree in liberal studies versus a specialized course of study in a specific vocation or business practice? The answer is simple. In the new global marketplace, a wide knowledge base is essential. Liberal Studies allows for developing the ability to inquire, innovate, and understand. With a deeper understanding of past and present human behavior you will learn how to think your way through any problem or challenge that will come your way in any situation.
Liberal Studies and Modern Business
Both business and community leaders agree that core liberal studies skills – reasoning, communications, and analysis – are crucial to the challenges employers, organizations, and governments face today. Whether you are looking to make a career change or seeking to advance within your current field, a Marist bachelor's degree in Liberal Studies can provide the credentials, confidence, and knowledge needed to move ahead.
Liberal Studies Offers an Education for Lifelong Transitions
The academic and critical thinking skills taught through a liberal studies education are valuable on the job, and will help you navigate through professional changes and challenges. The Association of American Colleges and Universities has indicated that workers are likely to face many career transitions including some, or all, of these factors:
- Every year, thirty percent of this country's labor force will change jobs.
- Today's high school students can expect to have had ten jobs by the time they reach their late 30s.
- Half of the workers in this country have been with their current employer less than five years.
- More than 30 million Americans have jobs that did not exist previously involving areas new to the employer.
Liberal Studies Provides a New Perspective
Flexibility and timelessness. These are the advantages of a liberal studies degree. No matter how much of an expert specialist you become, there will always be challenges you can't foresee today – challenges that will require a new way of seeing, thinking, and doing.
Related Pages and Additional Information
- The Convenience of Earning a B.A. Online
- Is Liberal Studies Right For You?
- Liberal Studies Adult Education Concentrations