Why Students Choose A Liberal Studies Degree
Earn a life-changing bachelor's degree.
Why Marist College?
- Marist has been a leader in delivering high-quality online education for more than 20 years and continues to use its leading-edge technology platform (as a decades-long partner with IBM, Marist has a national reputation for the use of technology in the classroom) to expand the opportunities and features of online learning.
- Employers recognize the quality of the Marist degree and the advantage its students have in working in today's virtual marketplace, and the list of alums in successful careers continues to grow.
- Marist's technology edge means it can offer courses and an online environment that is open to you at any hour of any day--when and where you want to take classes, on your time. Having the flexibility to schedule class time that works for you streamlines the path to graduation, and makes integrating the experiences you do learn in class into your everyday workplace more efficient and timely.
- Marist is committed to making education work--for you. Advisers can help you craft a plan for success, working out best financial options, course progression, and keeping you on track all the way through. From innovative ways to learn, to faculty with practical experience, to advisors who are dedicated to your success, we are committed to providing a best-in-class educational experience.
- The Princeton Review named Marist one of the best 377 colleges in the country, and our School of Management one of the top 294 business schools in the world. Marist's BA/BS in Liberal Studies is ranked 17th out of 213 program in U.S. News & World Report's "Best Online Education Programs" ahead of other top schools like George Washington University, St. Joseph's University, and SUNY Stony Brook.
What Can Students Expect from the Marist Liberal Studies program:
- Knowledge: Gain a broad, diverse perspective on the world in all its complexity, including the often unpredictable forces that drive the course of human events through history.
- Tools: Develop a practical set of tools that will serve you in the long term: in your career, your personal life and in making a meaning for yourself in the world.
- Skills: Apply imagination, critical thinking, sound reasoning, moral discernment and persuasive communications skills – all traits of excellent leaders – to influence your community and the world.
- Values: Ground yourself in the values and ethics of Marist College: develop a strong ethical compass, learn to use technology intelligently and effectively, explore diverse perspectives, and pursue the goal of furthering your education for the betterment of yourself, your family, and community..
What are the Educational Benefits of the Marist Liberal Studies program:
Liberal Studies is the perfect part-time program for completing your degree with minimum impact on your work schedule and other daily commitments. In addition to online class offerings, students benefit from:
- Rigorous coursework, from a world-class college, that builds a foundation of life-enriching knowledge.
- Credit for prior learning and professional development courses.
- Faculty who are experts dedicated to the Liberal Studies program and its students.
- Highly personal enrollment and course advisement – from day one – to ensure that students clearly connect educational goals with professional and personal goals.
- Transitional educational resources to help new students sharpen their writing, logic, rhetoric and analytical skills.
- Financial Aid Services to provide information about federal and state loans, grants, and scholarship opportunities.
- Join a diverse group of students and alumni, providing a wealth of unique perspectives, insights and networking connections to help you advance your career goals.
- International study opportunities at Marist's branch campus in Florence, Italy or through numerous study abroad programs offered internationally.