City Year is an education focused nonprofit organization that unites young people of all backgrounds for a year of full time service to keep students in school and on track to graduation.
At City Year’s 25 urban locations across the United States and two international affiliates, teams of highly-trained corps member serve full-time in schools as tutors, mentors and role models. By focusing on attendance, behavior, and course performance, which identify students who are at risk of dropping out, corps members are uniquely able to help students and schools succeed.
Major corporations and businesses participate in the City Year mission by serving as strategic partners, team sponsors, and national leadership sponsors. Marist College is proud to be a member of City Year's give a year scholarship partnership.
Special Tuition Pricing for City Year Alumni
Marist offers City Year alumni the following benefits:
* Tuition Scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded to City Year alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years. Contact us for scholarship details.
* Contact an admission counselor for additional benefits you may be eligible for.
Marist College offers students a variety of programs on-site and online for both graduate and adult undergraduate (ages 22+) learners. All non-discounted programs are eligible for the City Year scholarship including the M.Ed. initial teacher certification program.
- MPA - Master of Public Administration*
- MBA - Master of Business Administration*
- MBA - Accounting
- MA in Communication *
- MA in Integrated Marketing Communication*
- MS in Software Development
- MS in Information Systems*
- Master of Education, M.Ed. (initial teacher certification) (this already discounted program is eligible for the City Year Scholarship)
- MA in Educational Psychology - Professional Teaching Certification* (for educators with initial certification, Marist's hybrid program is offered at $333/credit with no additional discount)
- MA in School Psychology
- MA in Mental Health Counseling
- Advanced Certificate in Business Analytics*
- Advanced Certificate in Information Systems*
To apply for admission to any graduate program, please visit the Marist Online Graduate Admission Application.
To apply for admission to any adult undergraduate program, visit the Marist Online Adult Admission Application.
*Indicates programs that are also available in an online format.
To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact the Admissions Office at 845.575.3800 or email@example.com to be considered for the scholarship described above and other additional benefits. Please state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership.
City Year Scholarship Requirements: Students must submit a letter verifying City Year affiliation to the Marist Office of Graduate Admission as part of the application process. Please send an email to Amanda Smidt, National Manager of Alumni & Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Marist Application: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line and include the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent to the Graduate Admission Office on your behalf and added to applicant file.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. There may be a supplementary application process for scholarship awards. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.
Note: Adult undergraduate students are defined as students who began their Marist academic career at age 22 or higher. Graduate students are those students who are initiating an application for a stand-alone masters degree through the Office of Graduate Admission. Tuition discounts exclude any graduate or undergraduate degree and certificate programs that are already discounted. The MA in Museum Studies and MS Physicians Assistant degree programs are not eligible for the partnership discounts. Please contact the Graduate Admissions Office for more information about eligible programs and pricing.