City YearCity Year unites young people of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service, giving them the skills and opportunities to change the world.
As tutors, mentors and role models, these diverse young leaders help children stay in school and on track, and transform schools and communities across the United States, as well as through international affiliates in Johannesburg, South Africa and London, England. Just as important, during their year of service corps members develop civic leadership skills they can use throughout a lifetime of community service.
Major corporations and businesses participate in the City Year mission by serving as strategic partners, team sponsors, and national leadership sponsors. Marist College is proud to be a member of City Year's Give a Year scholarship partnership.
Special Tuition Pricing for City Year Volunteers
Marist offers City Year participants the following benefits:
* Tuition Scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded to City Year alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years. Contact us for scholarship details.
* Contact an admission counselor for additional benefits you may be eligible for.
Marist College offers students a variety of programs on-site and online for both graduate and adult undergraduate (ages 22+) learners. All non-discounted programs are eligible for the City Year scholarship including the M.Ed. initial teacher certification program.
- Masters of Public Administration, MPA*
- Masters of Business Administration, MBA*
- MS in Technology Management*
- MA in Communication*
- MS in Software Development
- MS in Information Systems*
- Master of Education, M.Ed. (initial teacher certification) (this already discounted program is eligible for the City Year Scholarship)
- MA in Educational Psychology - Professional Teaching Certification* (for educators with initial certification, Marist's hybrid program is offered at $333/credit with no additional discount)
- MA in School Psychology
- MA in Mental Health Counseling
To apply for admission to any graduate program, please visit the Graduate online application.
- BA/BS Liberal Studies*
- BS in Organizational Leadership and Communication (OLC)
- BS in Social Work Degree Completion Program
- BA in Psychology Degree Completion Program
- Poughkeepsie Campus Based Academic Programs
To apply for admission to any adult undergraduate program, visit the Adult online application.
To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact the Admissions Office at 845.575.3800 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the scholarship described above and other additional benefits. Please state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership.
City Year Scholarship Requirements: Students must submit a letter verifying City Year affiliation to Marist Graduate Programs Admissions Office as part of the application. Please send an email to Nan Shearer, City Year Alumni & Career Services Manager, at email@example.com with "Marist Application: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line and include the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent to the Admissions Office and added to applicant file.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. There may be a supplementary application process for scholarship awards. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.