Gaining acceptance into Marist's highly competitive Master of MA in Communication program depends on a variety of factors, including undergraduate academic performance, professional work experience, GMAT/GRE scores, and an application essay. Critical qualifications of successful MA in Communication applicants include the desire to excel in a challenging academic environment and the ability to communicate effectively in a virtual environment.
New classes begin every August. Applications are accepted year round with a final deadline of August 1.
- A completed Graduate Admission Application (available online)
- A $50 application fee (you may pay this online if you are completing the online application or you may send a check or money order payable to Marist College)
- Personal essay
- Official transcripts of all prior undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- A current resume (hard copy or email)
- Official GRE or GMAT scores are required. See our GMAT-GRE Comparison Chart to learn more about each test. However, the GRE or GMAT requirement will be waived for any applicant who has an undergraduate degree in Communication with 3.0+ cumulative GPA AND you fulfill one of the two criteria listed below:
- Criterion One: You have taken a graduate course and received a grade of "B" or better
- Criterion Two: You have three years of experience in Communication or a related field.
- 3 letters of recommendation
Send all application materials to:
The Office of Graduate Admission
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1387