Criminal Justice Agencies
Marist College is proud to announce a special academic partnership for the uniform and civilian employees of Criminal Justice Agencies -- including local, state, and federal organizations. The goal of this partnership is to provide a high-quality education and professional development services to assist criminal justice agency employees in New York State and other locations in achieving their professional goals. As a result of this partnership, individuals employed by criminal justice agencies or in a criminal justic capacity will have the opportunity to receive special tuition benefits for graduate and adult undergraduate degree programs offered at the Marist College main campus in Poughkeepsie, our satellite locations in New York City, Albany, or online.
SPECIAL PRICING FOR EMPLOYEES OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE AGENCIES
Marist recognizes the importance of providing affordable educational opportunities. Employees of Criminal Justice Agencies or those working in a criminal justice capacity, along with their family members, will receive the following benefits:
1) a tuition discount on graduate and adult undergraduate degree programs offered at a non-discounted rate
2) uniformed and civilian employees of organizations represented in the Directory of New York State Criminal Justice Agencies (available online at http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/) who are stationed in New York will have an opportunity to enroll in an online Master of Public Administration (MPA) flexible cohort degree program with other law enforcement professionals featuring discounted tuition. Employees who work in a criminal justice capacity in locations outside of New York or who are employed by New York State in a law enforment capacity for agencies not listed in the online directory are still eligible. Students may also pursue the option of enrolling in a classroom-based MPA at our satellite locations in New York City or Albany for the same tuition rate. Please contact us for more information.
3) the opportunity to enroll in a hybrid Organizational Leadership and Communication (OLC) bachelor's degree completion program with other state employees featuring discounted tuition. Classes will be held at the Office of Children and Family Services in Rensselear, NY. Please contact us for more information.
4) Contact an admission counselor for additional benefits you may be eligible for.
Marist College offers both on-site and online courses and programs for adult learners at the graduate and adult undergraduate levels.
Master of Public Administration, MPA*
Master of Business Administration, MBA*
Master of Arts: Education Psychology - Professional Teaching Certification*
Master of Education, M.Ed.
MA in Communication*
MA in Integrated Marketing Communication*
MA in Museum Studies
MS in Software Development
MS in Information Systems*
MA in School Psychology
MA in Mental Health Counseling
* offered in an online format
Adult Undergraduate Programs
Adult students may enroll in any of the traditional majors offered at the main campus. There are approximately 1,000 adult students enrolled in more than 35 undergraduate programs. In addition, Marist’s School of Global and Professional Programs offers the following programs exclusively to adult students:
BA/BS Liberal Studies Degree Completion Program*
Organizational Leadership and Communication Degree Completion Program (OLC)
BS in Social Work Degree Completion Program
* offered in an online format
MARIST COLLEGE-NEW YORK STATE CRIMINAL JUSTICE AGENCIES ONLINE MASTER OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (MPA) DEGREE PROGRAM
We offer two start dates for this online program. Apply by December 1 to start in January or apply by August 1 to start in September.
Marist College has offered the MPA degree since 1980 and, for 20 years, has partnered with law enforcement agencies in New York City, Albany, and Oneida to bring the program on-site and online to their respective departments. As part of the academic partnership between Marist College and New York State Criminal Justice Agencies, the MPA will be delivered as an online degree program exclusively for law enforcement and criminal justice personnel who are unable to attend traditional courses at our satellite locations or prefer the convenience of online learning.
MPA PROGRAM STRUCTURE
Marist’s MPA degree program is designed exclusively for law enforcement and criminal justice personnel and combines accelerated scheduling and a reduced pricing structure with the flexibility and convenience of Marist’s online course delivery system. Students in this program represent a diverse mix of law enforcement professionals from local, state, and federal agencies throughout New York State and the nation. This combination of experience provides for an intensely rich and beneficial learning experience and allows students the opportunity to widen their professional networks.
The MPA program is comprised of 39-42 credits of graduate coursework (13-14 courses). Students with less than two years of work experience in the public or non-profit sectors will be required to complete a Public Administration internship. Fall and spring courses are eight weeks in length and summer courses are six weeks. Semester breaks are included. The entire graduate degree program can be completed in just over two years.
For detailed course descriptions, please visit www.marist.edu/mpa.
All students must submit proof of employment with their application in addition to the required support documents as indicated by program at www.marist.edu/admission.
Note: Adult undergraduate students are defined as students who began their Marist academic career at age 22 or higher. Graduate students are those students who are initiating an application for a stand-alone masters degree through the Office of Graduate Admission.