Data Management I Graduate Degree Course
MSIS 537 Core Course – Information Systems Masters Degree Class
The Marist College Data Management I graduate degree course is a study of the critical issues related to managing data as a resource. Graduate students enrolled in the course will gain an understanding of the current data environment, the database approach, and the need for data modeling in modern information systems.
The graduate level Data Management I course is geared towards the growing use of database management systems in managing data. Throughout this course, MSIS graduate students will discuss the growing use of data within various organizations, data administration function, its relevance in evolving organizations, and emerging issues are also addressed. The Data Management I course is ideal for business professionals looking to gain a better understanding of data and information systems.
Upon completion of the Data Management I MSIS Masters degree course students should be able to:
- Engage as a member of a Data Management team within an organization.
- Implement industry standard “best practice” approach to their Data Management work and applications.
- Understand the important roles and skills required in database administration, data administration and repository administration.
- Practice data administration, database administration and repository administration skills.
- Develop procedures for managing an organization’s corporate data resources.
Contact Marist to learn more about enrolling in the Data Management I course through the Information Systems MSIS Master’s degree program. Graduate students enrolled in the MSIS program have the option of taking course online or on-campus, allowing for a completely flexible course schedule.