Master’s in Information Systems Management
Online / On-Campus MSIS Graduate Degree
The Marist College Master’s of Science in Information Systems Management (ISM) Degree Track is designed to provide graduate students with the knowledge to combine business, strategy and technical skills and execute them in complex business situations. Through our school's blended business-technology program, ISM students gain the necessary skills to prepare them to be the next generation of technology managers to lead in innovative ways, and operate effectively in an increasingly connected world.
Contact Marist to learn more about earning your MSIS Master’s degree through the Information Systems Management concentration. The Information Systems Management Master’s degree is available through our on-campus or online curriculum, allowing students to earn their graduate degree through a flexible schedule.
Master’s of Science in Information Systems Curriculum
Master’s in Information Systems Management students will take seven core classes required by all MSIS students. Students will also be immersed in management, policy, analysis and communications classes. See MSIS full curriculum.
MSIS Graduate Degree Core Required Courses (21 Credits)
- MSIS 527 Systems & Information Concepts in Organizations 3 credits
- MSIS 537 Data Management I 3 credits
- MSIS 567 Data Communications 3 credits
- MSIS xxx Information Analysis & Systems Design 3 credits
- MBA 667 Accounting 3 credits
- MSIS 720 Capstone Project 3 credits
- MSIS 730 Information Systems Policy 3 credits
Information Systems Management Graduate Degree Track Required Courses (6 credits)
- MSIS xxx Emerging Technologies
- MSIS xxx Enterprise Architecture
Electives (9 credits)
- courses from Information Systems, Business, Software Development
Information Systems Management Graduate Degree Track Prerequisite:
- MATH 130 Introduction to Statistics
Information Systems Master’s Degree Career Paths:
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Designer
- Business Analyst
- Data Administrators
- Data Processing Auditors
- Information Systems Managers
- Information Systems Consultant
- Teacher or Professor
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Information Systems Project Manager
Learn more about the career paths available to MSIS students to determine if the program best aligns with your career goals.
At Marist College, you have the option to earn your Master’s in Information Systems degree online through our flexible iLearn program. We develop all courses using Sakai, an open-source technology developed by a group of leading international colleges and universities, including Marist. The same faculty that teaches on campus teaches all of our online classes.