Master’s in Information Systems Management
Online / On-Campus MSIS Graduate Degree
The Marist College Master’s of Science in Information Systems Management (ISM) Degree Track is designed to provide graduate students with the knowledge to combine business, strategy and technical skills and execute them in complex business situations. Through our school's blended business-technology program, ISM students gain the necessary skills to prepare them to be the next generation of technology managers to lead in innovative ways, and operate effectively in an increasingly connected world.
New applications of technology in business will continue to drive demand for workers and managers with technological skills. Our school's Master’s of Information Systems Management degree will equip you with the broad range of competencies necessary to meet the business, management and technical demands of this expanding field.
Contact Marist to learn more about earning your MSIS Master’s degree through the Information Systems track. The Information Systems Management Master’s degree is available through our on-campus or online curriculum, allowing students to earn their graduate degree through a flexible schedule.
Master’s of Science in Information Systems Curriculum
Master’s in Information Systems Management students will take six core classes required by all MSIS students. Students will also be immersed in management, policy, analysis and communications classes. See MSIS full curriculum.
MSIS Graduate Degree Core Required Courses (18 Credits)
- MSIS 527 Systems & Information Concepts in Organizations 3 credits
- MSIS 537 Data Management I 3 credits
- MSIS 567 Data Communications 3 credits
- MSIS 647 Information Analysis 3 credits
- MSIS 657 Systems Design 3 credits
- MSIS 730 Information Systems Policy 3 credits
Information Systems Management Graduate Degree Track Required Courses (9 credits)
- MBA 525 Marketing Foundations 3 credits
- MBA 555 Management Foundations 3 credits
- MBA 575 Finance Foundations 3 credits
- Electives 9 credits from: Information Systems, Business, Software Development
- Information Systems Management Graduate Degree Track Prerequisite:
- MATH 130 Introduction to Statistics
Information Systems Master’s Degree Career Paths:
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Designer
- Business Analyst
- Data Administrators
- Data Processing Auditors
- Information Systems Managers
- Information Systems Consultant
- Teacher or Professor
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Information Systems Project Manager
Learn more about the career paths available to ISM and ITM students, and determine which concentration best aligns with your career goals.
At Marist College, you have the option to earn your Master’s in Information Systems degree online through our flexible iLearn program. We develop all courses using Sakai, an open-source technology developed by a group of leading international colleges and universities, including Marist. The same faculty that teaches on campus teaches all of our online classes.