International Recruitment & Outreach
Marist College recognizes the importance of South Asian countries, and in particular, the geopolitical significance of India as a country on a fast development track with a growing population of young university graduates that are highly motivated, intelligent and aspiring to obtain higher education in the United States of America.
In order to help these young individuals as well as aiming to diversify student population and enrich the Academic environment on the campus, Marist College established a vigorous recruitment program more than a decade ago, and has been sending top academic administrators to India regularly to facilitate admission of India's university graduates to Marist's graduate programs in Computer Science/Software Development (SD), and Information Systems (IS) and Information Technology. Dr. Dennis Murray, President of Marist College, in one of his memorandum to the Marist College community in the wake of the horrific terrorist attack in Mumbai said the following about the relationship with India "..... the college has enjoyed a long relationship with India and has benefited from the many contributions of the Indian students who study here."
Marist College understands that seeking admission to US colleges and universities is not an easy task for most Indian students in terms of either selecting an appropriate program / institution or preparing all the required documents for either admission or visa interview, and has, therefore, entered into collaboration with competent and professional Educational Consultants in several major cities of India to facilitate the admission process.
See list of consultants below:
Educational Consultants, India
- Canam Consultants Limited, firstname.lastname@example.org, 91-9312601937
- Career Mosaic, email@example.com, 79-26400127
- CEOI, firstname.lastname@example.org, 91-09989552244
- Edwise International, email@example.com, 22-40813456
- Global Reach, firstname.lastname@example.org, 33-22835537
- Overseas Educational Consultancy Services, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 20-25675497
- Qualixa Education, email@example.com, 91-9640158623
- Raj Consultants Pvt. Ltd.,firstname.lastname@example.org, 91-9000036633
- The Chopras, email@example.com, 91-1141608466
- Yathapu Consulting Pvt. Ltd., firstname.lastname@example.org, 40-305822552266
All eligible students who are admitted to Marist College are awarded financial aid in the form of a Tuition Scholarship. The Tuition Scholarship is merit-based and is granted based on undergraduate academic performance and GRE score in accordance with the sliding scale as shown below.
|PercentageOver 4 Years||CGPAScale of 4||CGPAScale of 10||Scholarship|
|60-65||3.00-3.25||7.00-7.75||$2000 - $2500|
|65-70||3.25-3.50||7.76-8.50||$2500 - $3000|
|70-75||3.50-3.75||8.51-9.25||$3000 - $3500|
|75+||3.75-4.0||9.26-10.00||$3500 - $4000|
There are also opportunities for campus employment available to all international students upon arrival.
STUDENTS MAY BE GRANTED ONLY ONE TYPE OF FINANCIAL AID.
Application Fee Waivers
All candidates applying through retained education consultants are waived a $50 application fee.
- Bachelor Degree, 4-year college education or 3-year college education from institution graded A by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Graduation with first class or overall academic performance of 60% or better, or GPA 3.0/4.0 or 7.00/10
- Minimum iBT TOEFL 79 - 80 or IELTS 6.5 for MSIS and 6.0 for MSCS
- A GRE score of 280-300, relaxed for higher academic grade and performance
- Financial document for minimum one year of estimated expense (two years worth of expenses highly recommended to facilitate visa approval)
- Students admitted to the SD program with an IELTS score of 6.0 will be allowed to transfer to the IS program or admitted to IS program with an English courses as prerequisite.
To further strengthen the bond with the Indian Academic community and serve the educational needs of Indian students who face financial hardship in pursuing an education in the USA, Marist College has entered in partnership with several institutions in India. Marist will offer graduate level courses in Computer Science and Information Systems leading to a Master Degree on their campus in India. Students will have option of starting the program in India and completing it in India or in U.S.A. Students from partner institutions are awarded merit scholarship in the range of $3000 to $5000, based on academic performance and GRE score.
Other areas of partnership include a faculty exchange program and a transfer program for students completing first two years of education in India and last two years in U.S.A. for a Bachelor Degree or three years for both a Bachelor as well as a Master Degree. Students transferring under the scheme are awarded merit scholarship in the range of $4000 to $8000 per year based on academic performance.
Partner institutions in India are listed below:
- Babu Banarasi Das University (BBDU), Lucknow
- St. Mary's College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun