Master’s in Public Administration Admission
MPA Application Procedures and Deadlines
Admission to the Master’s in Public Administration (MPA) degree program is concerned with the interest, aptitude, and capacity of a prospective graduate student as indicated by the applicant's previous academic record, professional achievement and growth, and achievement on the Graduate Records Examination (GRE). The merits of each potential MPA graduate student's application are evaluated on an individual basis.
MPA Degree Application Deadlines
The campus-based MPA graduate degree program begins once per year in September. Online MPA graduate degree cohort schedules begin in September and January. Complete application files containing all required documents are reviewed according to the following deadlines:
August 1 - Fall online and campus based
December 1 - Spring online
Please submit the following:
- A completed Graduate Admissions Application
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee (checks/money orders made payable to Marist College)
- Official transcripts from all prior undergraduate and/or graduate institutions attended.
- A current resume demonstrating a proficiency in planning and organizing activities; an ability to work collaboratively; and experience in, or the potential to assume, a management position in a public/nonprofit organization.
- Two recommendation letters; preferably one from an academic and one from an employer.
- Official GRE score taken within last 5 years (reporting code 2400 for GRE)*
- Personal Essay that addresses the following:
1. Why are you interested in pursuing a degree at Marist College?
2. What are your academic/professional goals and how do you believe Marist can assist in achieving those goals?
3. Provide some personal history/any additional information about you that will help the Admission Committee better make an informed admission decision.
*Submission of your GRE score may not be required. Call 845.575.3800 for additional eligibility information.
Send all application materials to:
The Office of Graduate Admission
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1387
Apply to the Marist Masters in Public Administration graduate degree program today.
To learn more about tuition for the Marist online MPA and the Master of Public Administration for Emergency Services, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Professionals, please visit their respective financial aid pages.