Master’s in Public Administration Admission
MPA Application Procedures and Deadlines
Admission to the Master’s in Public Administration (MPA) degree program is concerned with the interest, aptitude, and capacity of a prospective graduate student as indicated by the applicant's previous academic record, professional achievement and growth, and achievement on the Graduate Records Examination (GRE). The merits of each potential MPA graduate student's application are evaluated on an individual basis.
MPA Degree Application Deadlines
The MPA graduate degree programs begin once per year on the main campus in Poughkeepsie, New York City (Queens) and Albany, NY. Students may also start the MPA program online in September and January. Complete application files containing all required documents are reviewed according to the following deadlines:
August 1 - NYC, online, Poughkeepsie (main campus)
December 1 - Albany, online
All documents, with the exception of official college transcripts, can be submitted electronically through the following link https://maristgraduate.slideroom.com/
Please submit the following:
- A completed Graduate Admissions Application
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee (checks/money orders made payable to Marist College)
- Official transcripts from all prior undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. Transcripts must be from regionally accredited institutions.
- A current resume demonstrating a proficiency in planning and organizing activities; an ability to work collaboratively; and experience in, or the potential to assume, a management position in a public/nonprofit organization.
- Two recommendation letters; preferably one from an academic and one from an employer.
- Official GRE score taken within last 5 years (reporting code 2400 for GRE)*
- Personal Essay that addresses the following:
1. Why are you interested in pursuing a degree at Marist College?
2. What are your academic/professional goals and how do you believe Marist can assist in achieving those goals?
3. Provide some personal history/any additional information about you that will help the Admission Committee better make an informed admission decision.
*Submission of your GRE score may not be required. Call 845.575.3800 for additional eligibility information.
Send official transcripts to:
The Office of Enrollment Services
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1387
Apply to the Marist Masters in Public Administration graduate degree program today.
To learn more about tuition for the Marist online MPA and the Master of Public Administration for Emergency Services, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Professionals, please visit their respective financial aid pages.