MS in Computer Science Software Development
The primary goal of the computer science software development program is to prepare students for the challenges faced by professionals in this rapidly changing field. Students may select from a broad base of advanced courses in software design and development, systems programming, database design and programming, computer architecture, distributed systems, artificial intelligence, game design and programming, web technology, networking and computer graphics.
5 Distinctions of the Marist MS in Computer Science Software Development Program:
1. Students can begin in Fall or Spring semesters and study full- or part-time. Courses are held at Marist's Poughkeepsie campus
2. Marist is the first graduate institution to acquire zEnterprise machines
3. Marist is a New York State Center of Excellence in Cloud Computing and Business Analytics
4. Excellent name recognition providing employment and internship opportunities through Marist's Career Services Office
5. Merit Scholarships and Corporate and Organizational Partnerships are available to help reduce tuition costs
The recently revised Software Development curricula includes both cloud computing and mobile computing areas of specialization and prepares graduates for a rapidly evolving job market and emerging trends in the field.
Marist's Hancock Technology Center
This 57,000-square-foot facility overlooking the Hudson River has been designed to help fulfill the Marist goal of infusing information technology into all of its academic disciplines. The School of Computer Science and Mathematics is housed in this building as well as many of the existing regional and global technology initiatives for which Marist has earned a leadership reputation, including the Center for Collaborative and On-Demand Computing, the Open Source Development Lab, the Institute for Data Center Professionals, the IBM-Marist Joint Study Project, zEnterprise machine lab, and the New York State Center of Excellence in Cloud Computing and Business Analytics all reside within the walls of this innovative, state-of-the-art building.
To learn more about this exciting program contact Graduate Admission at 888.877.7900 or complete the contact form in the left sidebar. We can provide you with detailed information about the course of study, tuition pricing and financial aid options, and career opportunities.
For the MSCS Software Development program description and curriculum, visit Marist's School of Computer Science and Mathematics.