Master's in Computer Science Admission Requirements
Software Development Graduate Degree Admission and Application Information
Gaining acceptance into Marist's highly competitive Master of Science in Computer Science Software Development program depends on a variety of factors, including undergraduate academic performance and professional work experience. Critical qualifications of successful applicants include the desire to excel in a challenging academic environment and for students applying to the online program, the ability to communicate effectively in a virtual environment.
New classes begin every Fall and Spring semester. Applications are accepted year round with a fall deadline of August 1 (June 15 for international students) and a spring deadline of December 1 (November 1 for international students).
If you are a prospective student residing in South Asia, visit our international recruitment page for more information.
- A completed Graduate Admission Application (available online)
- Personal Statement
- A $50 application fee (you may pay this online if you are completing the online application or you may send a check or money order payable to Marist College)
- Official transcripts of all prior undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- A current resume (hard copy or email) specifying programming languages known
International Student Additional Admission Requirements
- In addition to the above listed requirements, international applicants must also submit the following:
- A minimum score of 80 on IBT TOEFL or 6.5 on IELTS. Marist report code is 2400
- A minimum academic overall grade of 60% or GPA of 3.0/4.0 or 7/10 or a first division
- Official GRE score
- An original notarized copy of Declaration of Financial Form/Affidavit of Support and an official letter from a bank manager stating that a minimum amount is accessible to cover the cost for the academic year. Amounts for the year of application are available at: http://www.marist.edu/admission/international/visa_process.html
- A statement of purpose (indicate full name on each page)
- Two letters of recommendation
Send all application materials to:
The Office of Graduate Admission
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1387