Join our Phonathon Team
Marist Phonathon Associate Job Description
An Ambassador, Leader, Educator
Student Phonathon associates are essential to Marist College’s mission at community, service and giving back. A phonathon caller ultimatly impacts the success of the Marist Fund, while maintaining relationships between alumni and parents and the College. Phonathon callers contact thousands of alumni and parents each year to ask for their support of Marist College.
Phonathon callers speak with alumni, and parents about their experiences and update them with campus happenings. With thousands of alumni and parents, this phone call could be their one opportunity to connect with an actual student, to hear about the college updates, to share stories, and to keep attuned with their alma matter. They are expected to act professionally at all times while strengthening relationships between the College and its supporters. This position requires excellent communication skills, a problem-solving mentality, the ability to think on your feet in a fast-paced environment, and a genuine affinity for Marist College. This challenging and rewarding experience provides opportunities to network and enhance your resume while connecting with the institution and its’ supporters in a fun, professional environment.
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Commit to a minimum of 2 shifts per week.
- Serve as an ambassador by establishing an open and engaging line of communication between the College and its supporters. Gain an understanding of the college, its organizational structure, and its annual needs for financial support.
- Understand and present the College’s need for charitable gifts and promote participation in the Marist Fund.
- Arrive on time and with a positive attitude to scheduled calling sessions.
- Work with other callers in a team oriented environment to further the development of the student calling program.
- Be an informed advocate for Marist. Provide your Marist story and be knowledgeable on Marist happenings. (i.e. campus events, academics, athletic updates, etc.)
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
- Serve as a liaison between Marist and our constituents (Alumni, & Parents)
- Listen to our supporters and what they have to say, provide feedback, answer questions and learn from their experience.
- Understand what motivates people to support Marist.
- Have a good time!
- Competitive wages: Phonathon Associates are one of the highest paid jobs on campus, with opportunities for bonus incentives and annual pay increases.
- Incentives: Sunday night nightly meals before call session, as well as prizes are earned for meeting goals; we also provide snacks, beverages, and end-of-semester parties!!
- Special Networking Luncheons, & Dinners with top college administrators.
- Networking and professional growth opportunities.
- Build your resume: Develop strong fundraising, communication, and marketing skills in a fun upbeat work environment!
- Perfect work hours: evenings and weekends, with occasional day hours to fit your busy schedule.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 845-575-3845 or by email at Phonathon@marist.edu