This fund is available to the Marist community to cover EMERGENCY institutional needs. To permit a daily cash audit, the hours that the cashier can be available are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
A maximum of $50.00 advance will be issued to each department. Any amount over $50.00 will be reimbursed by check.
In order for petty cash to be issued a Petty Cash Disbursement form must be completely filled out.
- Date: Date of issue
- Advance: Amount required
- The dollar amount written out
- Pay: The name of person obtaining petty cash
- Full 10 digit account number -NO petty cash will be issued without the full 10 digit account number
- Purpose of the expenditure
- Signed By: The person receiving the funds
- Approved By: The person who is authorized to sign for that particular account
RECEIPTS MUST BE RETURNED WITHIN 24 HOUR PERIOD. MARIST COLLEGE IS NEW
YORK SALES TAX EXEMPT! PLEASE REQUEST A TAX EXEMPT FORM WHEN PETTY CASH IS OBTAINED, AS WE CANNOT REIMBURSE FOR SALES TAX. IF A DEPARTMENT HAS AN
OUTSTANDING PETTY CASH VOUCHER, NO ADDITIONAL PETTY CASH ADVANCES WILL BE ISSUED.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE WILL RESULT IN A WRITTEN WARNING , THE SECOND INFRACTION WILL RESULT IN A REIMBURSEMENT STATUS