Internship Program Requirements
The Communication & Media Studies Internship Program has the following requirements.
To QUALIFY, for the Internship Program you must meet these criteria:
- Earned 60 or more college credits by the time you plan to BEGIN the internship
(transfer students must have completed 12 of those credits at Marist)
- Hold a Communication major/minor GPA of 2.5 or above
- Earned a passing grade in the pre-requisite class, CRDV100 Employment Practicum. (For more information about CRDV100, go to the link "Pre-requisite Class"
Students who ENROLL in a credit-bearing internship must meet the following criteria in order to earn a passing grade in their internships:
- Both Student intern and workplace Supervisor must fill out and sign the Learning Contract Form BEFORE the start of the internship (visit the "Forms & Assignments" link)
- Students must complete the minimum number of "contact" hours at the internship site (see the credits=hours worked charts in Syllabus). Students may exceed the minimum number of hours required, with permission of workplace supervisor.
- Complete all writing and bloggin assignments in a timely and satisfactory manner. All writing assignments are processed via iLearn. (See "Syllabus" link for more information)
- Earn a favorable Final Evaluation from your internship site supervisor
Interns who complete the above requirements in a satisfactory manner receive a "Pass" grade for internships.