Sports Communication takes students beyond team scores and statistics. It requires that students read and analyze sports in new ways, critically examining the role of sports in society and considering such areas as gender, race, and public policy in the context of sports. The program combines ethical and theoretical depth with practical writing and public presentation skills. It further prepares students for careers in sports information and journalism by requiring an internship in the field.
- Requirements for Sports Communication concentration
- Requirements for a Minor in Communication
- Requirements for a Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Comprehensive list of courses
- Recommended Course Sequence