Music Camps 2016
DATES: August 22-27, 2016
LOCATION: Marist College
COST: $150.00 (Check made payable to Marist College Music Department)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: July 29, 2016
- What to Expect at Camp
- Move-in Times
- What to Bring to Camp
- Music Camp FAQs
- Online Camp Registration Form (do not complete if you have sent in the form you received in the mail)
Visit this site regularly for all of the information needed for new and returning students to participate in
Marist Music Camps this upcoming August.
All musicians that attend Music Camps will find themselves in a comprehensive music education and social experience. From the moment the student arrives at the College, the Music Department will fill each day with music rehearsal and dynamic group building activities. Participating in camp allows us to prepare for a busy performance season beginning in September.
First year students: Attending music camp is the best way to join the Music at Marist family. Your arrival on campus on Wednesday, August 24 or Thursday, August 25, 2016 will mark the beginning of an intensive music experience. During this time you will become adjusted to the campus, and experience the sense of joy that Music at Marist has to offer. You will immediately become a member of a wonderful family of about 400 friends. Regardless of your musical experience in high school, rest assured that your experience with our ensembles will be special. We look forward to you becoming a member of our family this August.
It is understood that all members of the Marist College Band, Marist College Singers and Marist College String Orchestra attend camp.
MOVE IN TIMES:
First-Year Students: You will be moving into your Fall 2016 Housing Assignment with the assistance of an upperclass music mentor. You will receive information about your music mentor in August. Please be sure to reach out to the mentor in order to coordinate your actual moving time and to ask specific questions regarding the move-in process.
Please report to the Fourth Floor Music Lobby (in front of Symphonic Hall) for check-in
Board Members of Marist College Band (including Orchestra Liaison),
Monday, August 22, 2016
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
|Sheahan Hall, Marian Hall, Midrise (Freshmen), Leo Hall Residents||Wednesday, August 24, 2016
|Champagnat Hall Residents||Thursday, August 25, 2016
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP:
Here is a guide as to what you will need to get you through the week:
- Everything you need to move in for the semester. Remember, you are doing your full move-in.
- First year students, you will be doing your full move-in. This may seem daunting, but you will have a lot of guidance from Housing and Residential Life prior to the start of the school year regarding what you may or may not bring to campus. You will also be assigned an upperclass music mentor to assist you throughout the week to get you fully acclimated.
- Orchestra members, bring your instrument and any necessary accessories, extra strings and stops. Bring plenty of water.
- Choir members, bring plenty of water.
- Black pants, black closed-toe shoes, black socks as uniform for certain performances.
- Your instrument (clean and in working order)
- Marching lyres (the school will not provide you with one unless you are using a school-owned instrument). Flutes must use a wristband-style lyre.
- Three items to mark your marching spots