Music Camps 2014
DATES: August 25-30, 2014
LOCATION: Marist College
COST: $100.00 (Check made payable to Marist College Music Department)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: August 1, 2014
- What to Expect at Camp
- Move-in Times
- Tentative Camp Schedule
- What to Bring to Camp
- Music Camp FAQs
- Printable Camp Registration Form (Adobe Acrobat Reader Required)
- Online Camp Registration Form
Visit this site regularly for all of the information needed for new and returning students to participate in
Marist Music Camps this upcoming August.
All musicians that attend Music Camps will find themselves in a comprehensive music education and social experience. From the moment the student arrives at the College, the Music Department will fill each day with music rehearsal and dynamic group building activities. Participating in camp allows us to prepare for a busy performance season beginning in September.
First year students: Attending music camp is the best way to join the Music at Marist family. Your arrival on campus on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 will mark the beginning of an intensive music experience. During this time you will become adjusted to the campus, experience the sense of joy that Music at Marist has to offer. You will immediately become a member of a wonderful family of about 400 friends. Regardless of your musical experience in high school, rest assured that your experience with our ensembles will be special. We look forward to becoming a member of our family this August.
It is understood that all members of the Marist College Band, Marist College Singers and Marist College String Orchestra attend camp.
First-Year Students: You will be moving into your Fall 2014 Housing Assignment with the assistance of an upperclass music mentor. You will receive information about your music mentor in August. Please be sure to reach out to the mentor in order to coordinate your actual moving time and to ask specific questions regarding the move-in process.
Please report to the Rotunda for check-in
Board Members of Marist College Band (including Orchestra Liaison),
Monday, August 25, 2014
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
|Upper West Cedar and Residence Inn||Wednesday, August 27, 2014
|Sheahan Hall Residents||Wednesday, August 27, 2014
|Marian Hall Residents|
|Leo Hall Residents||Wednesday, August 27, 2014
|Champagnat Hall Residents||Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Upon checking in, you will receive a final itinerary for the week's events. For reference, this is a tentative schedule starting on the evening of Wednesday, August 27, 2014 (after move-in).
|Wednesday, August 27, 2014|
|5:00pm||Family Dinner (for all students and first-year families)|
|Thursday, August, 28, 2014 and Friday, August 29, 2014|
|Saturday, August 30, 2014 (Band only; Choir and String Orchestra off)|
|Sunday, August 31, 2014 (String Orchestra off)|
|7:00am||Campus Freshman Move-in (Upperclass Singers only)|
Here is a guide as to what you will need to get you through the week:
- Everything you need to move in for the semester. Remember, you are doing your full move-in.
- First year students, you will be doing your full move-in on Wednesday, August 21, 2013. This may seem daunting, but you will have a lot of guidance from Housing and Residential Life prior to the start of the school year regarding what you may or may not bring to campus. You will also be assigned an upperclass music mentor to assist you throughout the week to get you fully acclimated.
- Orchestra members, bring your instrument and any necessary accessories, extra strings and stops. Bring plenty of water.
- Choir members, bring plenty of water.
- Black pants, black closed-toe shoes, black socks as uniform for certain performances.
- Your instrument (clean and in working order)
- Marching lyres (the school will not provide you with one unless you are using a school-owned instrument). Flutes must use a wristband-style lyre.
- Three items to mark your marching spots