The Internet is an excellent resource for various scholarship search programs. Suggested websites to assist in seeking private sources of scholarships on a national level are:
- ASCO Numatics
- B. Davis Scholarship - Available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as students currently registered in any post secondary institution. Include your name and the school you are attending this year and next. This is not an academic scholarship, but include what your future academic plan may be.
Deadline: May 26, 2014. Award Value: $1,000.
This scholarship requires a written essay of less than 1000 words on the topic: "What you would consider to be the most important issue that society has to deal with in the next 10 or 20 years? Why do you think this issue is so important?"
Submissions must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bounce Energy: "BE More" Scholarship
- Buick Achievers Scholarship
- Charles R Ullman & Associates Scholarship
- College Board Scholarships
- Communications and Journalism Bachelor Degree Scholarship
Open to high school students planning to enter into a bachelor degree program in communications or journalism as well as students already pursuing a degree in that field.
- Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley
- Community Service based scholarship
- Fieri Bronx/Westchester Scholarship Fund
- Gilbraitti Scholarship
- Healthy Choices Scholarship
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- Hispanic College Fund Scholarships
- John Gyles Education Award
Available each year to students in both Canada and the United States. Full Canadian or American citizenship is a requirement. Awards are available to both male and female students in all areas of post secondary study. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required. Criteria other than strictly academic ability and financial need are considered in the selection process. Selected students will receive up to $3,000.00. The deadline for mailing applications is May 1st.
- GSN Game Innovators Scholarship- $2,500 for Fall Semester - November 1st deadline
- John Honey Scholarship
Available for students residing in Rhinebeck or Red Hook, NY with a minimum grade point of a "B" average and majoring in agriculture, food science, environmental science or a related field. Contact: info@rhinebeckfarmersmarket or visit the Office of student Financial Service for an application.
- Lift Parts Express Scholarship - $1000 - One Award (Deadline: June 30th, 2014)
- LM Scholarship Program
- Mid-Hudson Mensa Scholarship: Students must be enrolled, for the academic year following the award, in a degree program in an accelerated American institute of post-secondary education, and be a resident of the area of a participating local group of American Mensa. For the general awards, the applicant need NOT be a member of Mensa nor qualified for Mensa, and the general awards are unrestricted as to age, race, gender, level of post-secondary education and financial need. Scholarship awards range from $300 to $1,000.
- Open Space Institute-McHenry Hudson River Valley Award
The Awards provide financial support to the “pairing” of young leaders and exemplary projects that make significant contributions in three main areas – environmental conservation, historic preservation, and the arts – in the Hudson River Valley.
- PACE Law School
- Price Chopper's Golub Foundation
- Sallie Mae Free Scholarship Search
Sallie Mae's search has accurate scholarship information to provide students and parents with a customized list of scholarship leads.
- Scholarship America
- Scholarship Experts
- Sedary & Associates Scholarship
- Social Sciences Bachelor Degree Scholarship
Open to all current and high school students pursuing a degree in a social science related major.
- Stars Online
- St. Patrick's Day Parade and Celebration Committee Scholarships:
Francis P. Beirne College Scholarship Contest
- Student Scholarships
- Black and Lee Scholarship
- Scholarship by Design Award
- The Mary Abdoo Fashion Memorial Scholarship
- The Police Corps
- The Theodore Gordon Flyfishers, Inc. Founders Fund Scholarship
- Trufit Good Citizen Scholarship
- Ulster Savings Charitable Foundation Scholarships
- United Negro College Fund
- U.S. Bank Internet Scholarships
- Wells Fargo CollegeSTEPS Sweepstakes
- WyzAnt College Scholarships
- Youth Volunteer Scholarship Award - $500 - One Award - (Deadline: Nov. 29, 2013)
- 1800wheelchair.com - $500 - Two awards - Deadline January 5, 2014
The following provide further information on specific private scholarships:
- Dollars for Scholars
- Stony Wold-Herbert Fund. Inc.-For Students with Pulmonary Ailments
- The Community Foundation of Duchess County
- The Sallie Mae Fund
- Dollars for Scholars
- James Madison Fellowships
- Online Bachelor Degree Scholarship
Full or part time students pursuing an online bachelor level degree are eligible. Open to High School Students as well.
- Stony Wold- Herbert Fund. Inc.-For Students with Pulmonary Ailments
- The Community Foundation of Dutchess County
- The Sallie Mae Fund
- BPW/NYS Grace LeGendre Endowment Fund
Women in graduate studies within two years of receiving the advanced degree are eligible.
- National Research Council
International Education Programs
Please contact the Abroad Office for Scholarship and Grant Opportunities