15 minutes duration
This MP3 file (to download, right-click and select "save target as" or "save link as") is provided for the use of Marist College students, copyright Mary L. Dunne, MD
A simple guided meditation can help you to achieve deep relaxation. The idea is to let go of thoughts and focus your attention on your breathing for a short period of time.
Medical research supports the benefits of regular meditation:
* An increased ability to relax
* An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations.
* Lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
* Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain and other symptoms
* Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
* Improved self-esteem
For optimal use, listen in a quiet environment in comfortable clothing. Turn off your cell phone and any other device that may make distracting noises.
Do not listen to this program while doing anything that requires alertness, especially operating a motor vehicle.