Residence Areas

Freshmen:

leo hall Leo Hall
Funded with a federal government loan, Leo Hall was opened in 1963. Currently used as a residence for freshmen, it is dedicated to the memory of Brother Leo Brouiletter, Provincial of the Marist Brothers, 1921-1930. He was responsible for securing the original charter for the Marist Normal Training School.
champagnat Champagnat Hall
The tallest building on campus, Champagnat Hall was constructed in 1964. Named to honor the memory of Marcellin Champagnat, the French priest who founded the Marist Brothers in 1817, the nine story residence hall houses over 400 students. Residents have dramatic views of the Hudson River Valley, north and south. It is one of two residence halls with immediate access to the Student Center.
marian Marian Hall
Marian Hall was built in 1983 within and around the college's first gymnasium. It incorporates the first building to be constructed through the manual labor of the Brothers (1947). Because it is located adjacent to the spot where once stood the Marian building, the college's principal classroom building, it carries on the name of that building as well as the original of the four year college.
sheahan Sheahan Hall
Constructed in 1961-1962, Sheahan Hall was the first structure on campus to be erected with federal loan funds. It houses freshman students and is named in memory of Monsignor J. F. Sheahan, pastor of St. Peter's Church, Poughkeepsie. A very good friend of the Marist Brothers, Monsignor Sheahan used his influence to help the Brothers purchase in 1908 the Bech Estate which today is all of the Marist College campus south of the Waterworks Road (the main entrance to the campus).

Sophomores:

midrise Midrise Hall
Completed in the summer of 1994, Midrise Hall is a five story building housing 324 students in suite style residences. Each suite houses six or seven students with a total of eight suites to form a "House". Each floor has a resident assistant and a common lounge/study area. Each suite has three double rooms, a living room/lounge and a private bathroom
Foy townhouses Foy Townhouses (A-C)
Built in 1982, the Foy Townhouses accommodate 210 students in three buildings overlooking the Hudson River. Each of the three buildings is divided into seven three-story town houses with living, dining, and lounging areas, as well as terraces overlooking the Hudson. Each town house has space for ten students. A specially designed annex was built to accommodate qualified, physically handicapped students. The Foy Townhouses are named after Dr. Linus Richard Foy who became president in 1958 and became, at age 28, the youngest college president in the United States.
new townhouses New Townhouses (H-M)
The New Townhouses were built in 1993 and accommodate 136 students in six buildings overlooking the Hudson River. Each building has a number of units with space for eight students, including living, dining and lounging areas. The complex has its own central laundry facility. Some units are available to accommodate qualified, physically handicapped students.
lower west cedar Lower West Cedar St Townhouses (N-S)
Lower West Cedar ST Townhouses (N-S), built in 1998, are located across Route 9 on West Cedar Street. They accommodate 224 students in six buildings. Each building has a number of units with space for eight to ten students, including living, dining, and lounging areas. The complex has its own central laundry facility.
upper west cedar Upper West Cedar St Townhouses (T-Y)
Upper West Cedar St Townhouses (T-Y), built in 2000, are located across Route 9 on West Cedar Street. They accommodate 250 students in six buildings. Each building has a number of units with space for eight to eleven students, including living, dining, and lounging areas. The complex has a shared laundry facility with the Fulton Street Townhouses.

Juniors and Seniors:

fulton Building A
Building A opened in the Fall 2016 and houses 291 students on 5 floors. Building A predominantly features 4 person apartments with single bedrooms and a common bathroom, living room, and kitchenette. There are also a limited number of 3 person apartments with single bedrooms and a common bathroom, living room, and kitchenette and 1 person studios featuring a bathroom and kitchenette. Building A amenities include a large interactive community lounge on the first floor, community study lounges on each floor, an elevator, and a laundry facility. Access to building A will be card controlled. Note that construction for Building B located next to Building A will be taking place during the fall semester. Building B will open in the Spring 2017.
fulton New Fulton Townhouses
The New Fulton Townhouses are located across Route 9 between Fulton and West Cedar Streets adjacent to the Lower West Cedar complex. They accommodate 264 students in seven buildings. Each building has a number of units with space for eight students, including living, dining, and lounging areas. The complex has laundry facility in the 9-Block Archway.
fulton Fulton Street Townhouses
The Fulton Street Townhouses are located across Route 9 between Fulton and West Cedar Streets adjacent to the Upper West Cedar complex. They accommodate 248 students in eight buildings. Each building has a number of units with space for eight students, including living, dining, and lounging areas. The complex shares a community center and laundry facility with the Upper West Cedar complex.
talmadge Talmadge Court
Talmadge Court was purchased in 1996, and is located one-quarter of a mile from the south entrance of Marist College. The complex contains 11 apartments, consisting of nine two-bedroom units and two one-bedroom units. Professional housing staff live on-site with the students.
edit