Marist College Diversity Council Charge
The Diversity Council will serve as an advisory body for all operational initiatives. The Council will also focus on the following:
- Review the results of the College's employment practices pertaining to hiring, retention, and promotion in all areas of the college including faculty and staff.
- Discuss issues and concerns related to affirmative action, equal opportunity, diversity management, equity and employee training.
- Discuss and recommend strategies for increasing the diversity of the workforce and student body.
- Assist in the development of activities to promote cultural diversity in the College community.
- Meet annually with the President to discuss issues and progress on diversity at the College.
Review and recommend a communication strategy for promoting and celebrating diversity within the internal and external communities.
- Colin McCann, Co-Chair
- Melinda Martinez, Co-Chair
- Al Abdelrahman
- Jeff Bass
- Desmond Murray
Outreach, Inclusion & Access
Identify, recommend, and/or provide the campus community with educational programs that promote diversity and inclusion, and advocate for those in need of a voice on the Marist community.
- Patricia Ferrer-Medina - Co-Chair
- Jessica Macias, Co-Chair
- Julio A. Torres, Jr.
Recruitment & Retention
Review the College’s student, faculty and staff recruitment and retention practices and provide recommendations to help foster a diverse campus community.
- Haseeb Arroon, Co-Chair
- Irene Buccieri, Co-Chair
- Addrain Conyers
- Alyssa Gates
- Katherine Lyn
- Tim Murray
Training and Assessment
Review and recommend appropriate diversity training and assessment resources for students, faculty, and staff in collaboration with Human Resources and Institutional Research.
- Iris Ruiz-Grech, Co-Chair
- Isabel Rose, Co-Chair
- Dashawn Jones
- Stacy Williams