If you have an analog TV (tube TV) you can continue to use it by purchasing a converter/set top box. Information can be found on the cable provider's web site: http://www.campustelevideo.com/studentservices/dci401
When connecting to a new cable provider, televisions need to go through a process called a Channel Scan. This scan allows the television to receive the new channels. Please follow the steps below to successfully scan the on Campus channels.
Note: This process may vary from TV to TV, so please check your owner's manual or manufacturer's website for detailed instructions.
1. Go to the menu screen on the television
2. Find a section named Channel or Setup; select Cable
3. Look for Auto Channel Search or Channel Scan
4. Begin the search or scan for digital and analog channels. The scan can take up to 45 minutes. Allow the channel scan to complete since some channels are added right at the end
5. When complete, scroll through some channels to verify that there are digital channels
If you are sure that your TV has a QAM digital tuner and the channel scan failed to find channels, please click this link so that we can schedule a signal test. Marist College will test for suitable signal strength at the cable jack but does not troubleshoot televisions or perform channel scans.
Please see Campus Televideo Cable TV FAQs for more information http://www.campustelevideo.com/studentservices/maristcollege/38
Troubleshooting campus television:
- Swap the coax (television) cable with another cable
- Test the television on another port (television outlet) in the residence
- If the above steps fail, please select the link below to create a problem report.