If you still have an analog TV (tube TV) you can continue to use it by purchasing a converter box. The Marist Computer store does have a limited supply.
Due to the upgrade from analog to digital, televisions need to go through a process called Channel Scan. This scan allows the television to receive the newer digital channels. Please follow the steps below to successfully troubleshoot a problem with CATV.
1. Go to the menu screen on the television
2. Find a section named Channel or Setup; select Cable
3. Look for Auto Channel Search or Channel Scan
4. Begin the search or scan for digital and analog channels. The scan can take up to 45 minutes. Allow the channel scan to complete since some channels are added right at the end
5. When complete, scroll through some channels to verify that there are digital channels
See Campus Televideo Cable TV FAQs for more information
Below is a video that shows how to setup the cabling to the Marist College Computer store converter box and how to perform a channel scan.
Troubleshooting campus television:
- Swap the coax (television) cable with another cable
- Test the television on another port (television outlet) in the residence
- If the above steps fail, please select the link below to create a problem report.