Planned Computer Shutdown
On Saturday, December 28th 2013, Information Technology is planning a system shutdown in the Donnelly Data Center to perform required infrastructure maintenance.
- At 5 AM, Information Technology will begin an orderly shutdown of all essential computer equipment supporting production systems and services.
- The duration of the entire service disruption is expected to be no more than 24 hours (5AM on 12/28 - 5AM on 12/29).
The Marist Community will experience outages to most systems and services. Updates about the status of systems and services throughout the day will be posted on our System & Service Availability webpage.
Systems and Services Availability
Systems and Services that will be available during the shutdown, both on and off campus, include:
- Lotus Notes (limited functionality - communication between other Lotus Notes users only; Emails to or from non-Lotus Notes accounts will be held and delivered after the work is complete)
- Off-campus access to Library Databases (EZProxy)
- www.marist.edu (read only access)
Systems and Services that will NOT be available during the shutdown, both on and off campus, include:
- ERP (Banner and my.marist.edu)
- Email Services (Traveler & Foxmail; Lotus Notes will have limited functionality)
- Knowledge Center
- Content Manager (iDocs)
If inclement weather or other circumstances beyond our control prevents the completion of work scheduled for December 28, 2013, the power shutdown will be rescheduled to December 29, 2013 or December 31, 2013.
Network and Telephone Availability
The list below details the availability of Network connectivity and Telephone service on campus during the outage. In the morning there will be intermittent outages for the wireless network across campus and wired network access in Donnelly Hall (including the Linux Lab). During the outage VoiceRite voicemail will have degraded functionality. Please bear in mind that some buildings on campus will be closed due to the Marist holiday.
Last Updated: December 23, 2014 - 12:47 PM