Bring Your Computer
Lenovo Security Advisory on Superfish:
Lenovo has released a security advisory on vulnerabilities in the "Superfish" software, which was pre-installed on some consumer notebook products shipped between September 2015 and February 2016. The Superfish software was only included on some consumer models. It was never installed on any ThinkPad models, so none of the models that were sold through the Marist ThinkPad University Program are affected.
Recommended Specifications (or Higher)
- Windows 8.1 or Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Intel or AMD Multi-Core Processor (CPU)
- 4 GB RAM (memory)
- 200+ GB Hard Disk or Solid State Drive
- Gigabit Ethernet (wired)
- 802.11n compatible wireless card
- Marist Provided McAfee VirusScan Enterprise [Required]
- Marist College ResNet only supports Microsoft Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Mac OSX 10.7 or higher.
- Windows 2000, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows XP and all versions of Mac OSX less than 10.7 are considered legacy operating systems and will not be allowed on the network.
- Linux is not supported by ResNet but allowed on the network.
- It is required that all student machines run the Marist provided McAfee VirusScan Enterprise. This software ensures that all students will be protected against the latest threats. For more information, see the McAfee VirusScan page.