The Telecommunications Department has established the following procedures. Please read them carefully. If you have any questions, dial the Information Services HELP Desk at H-E-L-P, extension 4357.
- Rolmphones are distributed to each room at the start of the Fall Semester. All residents of the room are equally responsible for the condition and use of the phone.
- All Rolmphones are tested and verified to be in good working condition prior to issue to a residence room. Any concerns about the condition of a Rolmphone provided to you should be reported to the Help Desk (4357) immediately. Equipment problems, which existed upon arrival, will be repaired without charge for three weeks from class start date.
- Unreasonable (beyond "normal wear and tear") damage to, or loss of the phone, jacks or cabling are chargeable to the residents. A list of telephone charges is shown below.
- Long distance subscribers must notify PAETEC of any changes to your mailing address by calling 1-800-962-4772.
- Each residence Rolmphone is equipped with a Phonemail Box. This "mailbox" is to be shared by the occupants of that room.
- Residents are responsible for the Phonemail password. The password must be changed, from the default (three 1s), to a unique six (6) or more digit password, at the first access to Phonemail (see below for your access number). Once you input the default password the system will immediately prompt you for a new password. This is a shared password and all roommates must have knowledge of the password.
- The Phonemail Greeting should include all residents' names. Follow the Phonemail Decision Tree found in the User Guide ((placed by your phone before move-in day, (Help Desk has extra copies)) and below. From the home state input 8, then 1, and then 1 again. Listen to the system recordings patiently and reference the decision tree, as both will help guide you through all processes. Please instruct the caller to leave a message (up to 90 seconds long) at the tone. Inappropriate greetings (i.e. sexual reference, abusive remarks, loud music) are not allowed. Greetings are subject to screening and may result in disciplinary action.
To Access Phonemail (to record greetings, to set password, check and retrieve messages);
- GET DIAL TONE
- DIAL 3002 (for Sheahan, Leo, and Champagnat)
- DIAL 3004 (for all North Campus Residents)
- DIAL 3005 (for Marian, Midrise, West Cedar I & II, and Talmage Residents)
- DIAL YOUR EXTENSION OR PRESS # WHEN CALLING FROM YOUR
- DIAL YOUR PASSWORD
- FOLLOW PHONEMAIL INSTRUCTIONS TO ACCESS DESIRED
- PHONEMAIL FEATURES