The Telecommunications Department has established the following procedures. Please read them carefully. If you have any questions, dial the Information Services HELP Desk at H-E-L-P, extension 4357. If you have requested a phone in your room you can also have a phone mail box if you like.
- Rolm phones and Phonemail are available upon request by calling HELP Desk at H-E-L-P, extension 4357.
- Unreasonable (beyond "normal wear and tear") damage to, or loss of the phone,room jacks or cabling are chargeable to the residents.
- On campus and local area calling is provided. Marist College does not provide long distance calling.
- If you request a Phonemail box then you are responsible for the Phonemail password. The password must be changed, from the default (three 1s), to a unique six (6) or more digit password, at the first access to Phonemail (see below for your phonemail access number). Once you input the default password the system will immediately prompt you for a new password.
- The Phonemail Greeting should include your name. The Phonemail Decision Tree is found in the User Guide below. From the home state input 8, then 1, and then 1 again. Listen to the system recordings and reference the decision tree, as both will help guide you through all processes. Please instruct callers to leave a message (up to 90 seconds long) at the tone. Inappropriate greetings (i.e. sexual reference, abusive remarks, loud music) are not allowed. Inappropriate greetings are subject to screening and may result in disciplinary action.
To Access Phonemail (to record greetings, to set password, check and retrieve messages);
- GET DIAL TONE
- DIAL 3002 (for Sheahan, Leo, and Champagnat)
- DIAL 3004 (for all North Campus Residents)
- DIAL 3005 (for Marian, Midrise, West Cedar I & II, and Talmage Residents)
- DIAL YOUR EXTENSION OR PRESS # WHEN CALLING FROM YOUR
- DIAL YOUR PASSWORD
- FOLLOW PHONEMAIL INSTRUCTIONS TO ACCESS DESIRED
- PHONEMAIL FEATURES