Marist Theatre Program Scholarships
$2000.00 renewable awards are available
Incoming freshman may apply for a theatre scholarship prior to their enrollment at Marist College. All students must complete the
application requirements to be eligible for a scholarship award.
To apply, students are required to attend an on-campus audition/interview. Times are available in 15 minute slots:
- Saturday April 13, 4:00-5:00
- Sunday April 14, 4:00-5:00
To schedule an audition, please contact:
Ms. Cynthia Siegrist
Office of Undergraduate Admission
845-575-3000 ext. 3905
- One (1) one-minute contemporary dramatic or comedic monologue
- One (1) one-minute Shakespearean monologue
- One (1) recommendation letter form a high school drama director or teacher
- Completed Theatre Scholarship Application Form (click here for application form)
Students interested in technical theatre or theatre management are not required to present an audition but are required to interview. All students should allot 15 minutes for the audition (3 minutes total) and brief interview. All application materials are due in one completed package at appointment. Auditions are held in the Admissions Theatre, just down the hall from the Admissions Office.
Students on Theatre Scholarship at Marist must meet the following requirements for maintaining scholarship renewal eligibility:
- Student must maintain full-time enrollment and a 2.85 cumulative G.P.A.
- Student must declare either an English major with a Theatre Concentration OR a Theatre Minor.
- Student must audition for one production per academic year, as assigned by the Program Director. If not cast, student will be assigned a technical/administrative role.
- Student must attend two production builds/strikes per year (or assigned equivalent.)
- Quality counts, scholarship may not be renewed as a result of poor performance or poor attendance
For more information on The Marist Theatre Program, please contact:
Prof. Matt Andrews
Director of the Marist Theatre Program
Marist College Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
845-575-3000 ext. 7507