Theatre Program Scholarships
Theatre Program onstage during a recent visit at Broadway's THE BOOK OF MORMON
$2000.00 renewable awards are available
Incoming freshman accepted to Marist College may apply for a theatre scholarship. All students must complete the application requirements to be eligible for a scholarship award.
There are two ways to apply:
1. Attend an on-campus audition (preferred) after receiving an acceptance letter to Marist
2. Email an electronic audition file and application materials after receiving an acceptance letter to Marist
11:30 AM - Theatre Information Session for all Students
2:00 PM - "A Chorus Line" Performance -Complimentary tickets for all students and family
To register for all or any part of the February Theatre Open House: www.marist.edu/liberalarts/english/theatre/open-houseTo schedule a Theatre Scholarship audition, contact:
845-575-3000 ext. 2490
Regular Decision Applicants may schedule an audition appointment after receiving an acceptance to Marist, held during Marist Open House April 9 & 10, 3:45-5:00
Theatre Scholarship Applicants: Audition/Interview Requirements:
• One (1) one-minute Shakespearean monologue
• One (1) recommendation letter form a high school drama director or teacher
• Completed Theatre Scholarship Application Form (click here for application form)
- Students should allot 10 minutes for the audition (2 minutes total for the monologues) and brief interview. Application materials are due at the audition appointment.
- Auditions are held in the Nelly Goletti Theatre, 3rd floor Student Center.An in-person audition/interview is recommended for all applicants. In lieu of an in-person audition, electronic files may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students interested in technical theatre or theatre management are not required to audition but are required to interview. Please present relevant portfolio materials, or a second recommendation letter in lieu of a traditional portfolio.
Students on Theatre Scholarship must meet the following requirements for maintaining scholarship renewal:
- Students will declare either an English major with a Theatre Concentration OR a Theatre Minor (your choice).
- Students will audition for one production per academic year, as assigned by the Program Director. If not cast, student will be assigned a technical/administrative position.
- Students will attend two production builds/strikes per year (or assigned equivalent.)
- Students will not have any commitments that conflict with routine rehearsal hours of 6:30-10:30 M-F and 10-4 weekends.
- Students will maintain full-time enrollment and a 2.85 cumulative G.P.A.
- Quality counts, scholarship may not be renewed as a result of poor performance or poor attendance.
For more information on the Theatre Program, please contact:
Prof. Matt Andrews
Director of the Marist Theatre Program
Marist College Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
845-575-3000 ext. 7507