Modern Languages and Cultures
The Department of Modern Languages and Cultures affords students the opportunity to develop linguistic and cultural proficiency to support their larger goals. Both, on campus and at numerous partnering programs abroad, we offer small classes, interdisciplinary courses and experiential venues with dedicated faculty who work closely with students to develop a personalized learning path. In addition, our Weiss Language Center offers innovative technological, learning, and social support to help you meet your objectives. We are a dynamic and diverse campus community committed to active global citizenship, in close partnership with and upport of global learning hubs and Marist and beyond. With a modern language education you’ll soon be creating your own path!
Liberal Arts News and Events
- Click here for Spring '18 departmental newsletters with information about Fall '18 classes
- Two History students present their work at the national Phi Alpha Theta conference in New Orleans
- Northeast Regional Ethics Bowl brings over 100 students to Marist for competition, camaraderie, and dialogue
- Center for Civic Engagement & Leadership hosts "Post-Grad Gap Year" information session
- English major Darriel McBride '17 wins Fulbright Grant to teach in South Africa
- Gettysburg trip provides a ground-up view of Civil War history and literature
- Summer 2017 Albany Internship Experience introduces students to political and nonprofit careers
- Students collaborate with Dr. Lea Graham and area artist Krista Bates Fragos on "OED Poetry Project"
- Nine students present their work at Student World Affairs Conference
- Caroline Feibert '19 accepted to summer session of prestigious program in Italy