Weiss Language Center- Library 304
The Weiss Language Center is a multimedia tech room that supports coursework, self instruction, and research in Western and non-Western modern languages and cultures. It is staffed by a select group of students that are trained in instructional technologies and that organize events to support extracurricular language learning. The Center is directed by Dr. Kevin Gaugler.
The center is an integral part of our Modern Languages and Cultures department directly aiding in research and development of language learning technology, student experiential learning, and as a place of collaboration, problem solving, creativity and innovation.
The language center supports language students in the following ways.
- Spanish Coaching- helps with essay organization and practice of oral presentations in Spanish.
- Spanish and French Tutoring- helps students with grammar review.
- Online chatting with native speakers across the globe.
- Events such as Game Night, Karaoke Night and "Share your Story" in which students share their experiences abroad.
- Houses media equipment that students may use for coursework or research.
- Offers a space for collaborative technology-dependent work.
SPRING 2014 Spanish Coach: firstname.lastname@example.org For events and technology needs: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org