Political Science Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will gain a basic understanding of international and U.S. national politics.
- Students will develop their ability to write clearly, accurately, and persuasively about political issues and ideas.
- Students will analyze political events and processes using a wide variety of information resources, including quantitative data.
- Students will develop their critical thinking skills by conceptualizing problems precisely, synthesizing complex information, and constructively engaging with ideas different from their own.
- Students will develop a broad understanding of engaged citizenship and of various cultural and ideological perspectives.