Pi Sigma Alpha Honors Society
Marist is home to the Omicron Rho Chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honor Society. Pi Sigma Alpha is the only honor society for college and university students of government in the United States. Its mission is to stimulate scholarship and intelligent interest in Political Science at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Pi Sigma Alpha at Marist engages in a variety of activities, including organizing speakers and panels of interest to political science students and visiting nearby political sites.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact:
President Brooke Wickham
Vice President Lauren Bland
Secretary David Oglesby
Faculty Advisor Dr. Danielle Langfield
To be eligible for induction to the Omicron Rho Chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, Marist students must have
- earned at least 60 credit hours (one-half the credits required for the baccalaureate degree);
- completed at least 10 credit hours of political science including at least one upper-division (200- or 300-level) course;
- Please note: We will invite declared majors and minors who meet the criteria to join. Any student who is not a declared major or minor but who has completed at least 10 credit hours of political science and otherwise meets the eligibility criteria may petition the department to join.
- achieved a 3.5 GPA in political science courses;
- achieved an overall GPA placing them in the top one-third of their political science class (e.g., junior or senior class) based on cumulative GPA.