Political Science Club
The Political Science Club at Marist was established to provide extracurricular opportunities in politics for students, and to increase interest and activism in politics among the student body. The Club also provides leadership opportunities for those interested in becoming Club officers.
The Club welcomes students from all majors. While the majority of Club members are political science majors or minors, the Club also attracts students from other majors such as Communications, History, and Environmental Science.
Past activities organized by the Political Science Club:
- trips to the United Nations, Washington, D.C., and Albany
- voter registration drives
- Election Night socials
- socials encouraging interaction between students and Political Science faculty
- fund drives
- participation in the college's Diversity Day
- talks by local political officials, including the Mayor of Poughkeepsie, the head of the New York Libertarian Party, and a former New York City Public Advocate and candidate for U.S. Senate
- faculty panel discussions
- student debates