Language Center to Offer "Language Hacks" and Other Tools
Located in Room 304 of the Cannavino Library, the Weiss Language Center provides a full roster of student-run events each week providing opportunities for students to practice language, gain multicultural awareness, and have fun in the process. The Language Center is open every Sunday from 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. and Monday through Thursday from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. Students visiting the Center may work with language coaches in Arabic, French, Italian, and Spanish. Students can also find resources on how to practice a variety of languages independently.
This week's events include:
- Sunday at 3:30 p.m.: The Language Hackers series provides tips and tricks on learning language and culture. This week we will be discussing 10 easy ways to "hack" a language. During this event you will learn ten easy tips to help start you on your language journey. Are you interested in learning a new language or improving your current language skills? Stop on by and learn some new tricks!
- Monday at 6:30 p.m.: The Game that Language series connects gaming with language learning.
- Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.: The World Watch series explores events trending from around the world.
- Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.: The Language Lounge provides a chance for you to meet other students from around the world and practice the language you are studying. This week we will have language coaches available for French, Italian, and Spanish.
- Thursday at 5:15 p.m.: The Talk to Our World series provides students with the opportunity to hear firsthand accounts of international study and current events.
Need more information? Contact Dr. Maureen Melita, Interim Director of the Weiss Language Center, at Maureen.Melita@marist.edu.