School of Management MPA Program Mission Statement
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) program at Marist College prepares students with the knowledge,
skills, and values to be professionally competent and ethical leaders of a diverse work force in public and
nonprofit organizations within the context of a global society. The curriculum links theory and practice by
emphasizing contemporary issues grounded in the historical foundation of public administration.
Integrate knowledge of the key theories across the disciplines of public administration;
Develop the skills necessary for managing public and nonprofit organizations effectively;
Apply sound values in the ethical management of public organizations.
- Integrate knowledge of the key theories across the disciplines of public administration;
- Compare various perspectives across organizational environments and the role of public administrators in core management and public policy disciplines.
- Demonstrate competency in communicating ideas.
- Employ qualitative and quantitative analyses as a part of decision-making across public organizations.
- Integrate theories and practical applications of public organizations.
- Articulate ethical principles and their implications of managing in a diverse workforce in the global public sector