MPA Application Procedures
The MPA program is concerned with the interest, aptitude, and capacity of a prospective student as indicated by the applicant's previous academic record, professional achievement and growth, and achievement on the Graduate Records Examination (GRE). The merits of each student's application are evaluated on an individual basis.
The campus-based MPA program begins once per year in September. Online MPA cohort schedules begin in September and January. Complete application files containing all required documents are reviewed according to the following deadlines:
August 1 - Fall online and campus based
December 1 - Spring online
To apply for admission to the Marist MPA program, please submit the following:
- A completed Graduate Admissions Application
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee (checks/money orders made payable to Marist College)
- Official transcripts from all prior undergraduate and/or graduate institutions attended.
- A current resume with work credentials demonstrating a proficiency in planning and organizing activities; an ability to work collaboratively; and experience in, or the potential to assume, a management position in a public/nonprofit organization.
- Two recommendation letters; preferably one from an academic and one from an employer.
- Official GRE score taken within last 5 years (reporting code 2400 for GRE) *May not be required. Call 845.575.3800 for additional details.
- Personal Essay that addresses the following:
1. Why are you interested in pursuing a degree at Marist College?
2. What are your academic/professional goals and how do you believe Marist can assist in achieving those goals?
3. Provide some personal history/any additional information about you that will help the Admission Committee better make an informed admission decision.