Everbridge Testimonials and Distinctions
"This is not a test," from Fortune.CNN.com, May 6, 2013
Meet the little known company, Everbridge, that makes the emergency alert platform used in times of crisis like the Boston Marathon bombings.
“Everbridge filled communications gap in blast,” from The Boston Globe, April 18, 2013
(W)hen two bombs exploded near the Boston Marathon finish line just before 3 p.m. Monday, the software’s more sophisticated capabilities became crucial across Boston. The city used the technology to call in additional police and firefighters, mobilize command posts, and direct essential personnel. And companies like Pearson, an education services firm with offices fewer than two blocks from the first blast, used it to check on the safety of employees.
“We were anxious to know everyone was safe, and Everbridge gave us that link,” said Pearson spokeswoman Wendy Spiegel, “especially since cellphone coverage was spotty during the height of the afternoon.”
Even as phone lines jammed with an influx of calls from anxious friends and relatives trying to reach their loved ones in Boston on Monday, Everbridge’s software was able to bypass overloaded cell towers by using land-based phone lines and Wi-Fi signals to send alerts to phones, e-mail addresses, pagers, faxes, even electronic billboards or road signs.
- Everbridge, the leading provider of interactive communication and mass notification solutions today announced that University of Colorado Health has deployed the Everbridge solutions suite for emergency communication and staffing operations. When looking to replace their legacy communications system, University of Colorado Health evaluated Everbridge because the company had been named a leader by Gartner, Inc. in their 2012 Magic Quadrant for U.S. Emergency / Mass Notification Services (EMNS). The Everbridge solutions suite enables University of Colorado Health to deploy a closed loop communications strategy around critical activities, ensuring that messages reach key individuals through capabilities such as multiple contact paths, call escalation and receipt of confirmation. University of Colorado Health, covering 6 hospitals and dozens of clinics and outpatient services, originally selected Everbridge to provide mass communication for disasters and severe weather events. After exploring the system and its robust capabilities, it became apparent to officials that the system would be a perfect fit for operational uses such as staffing as well.
Virginia Tech’s Campus-wide Emergency Alerts Powered by Everbridge, Inc. Helped Keep Students and Staff Informed
- Everbridge is the core emergency notification provider to Virginia Tech and is utilized to communicate campus-wide during critical situations and crises, such as the tragic event that occurred on their campus yesterday.
- Everbridge was selected by Virginia Tech as their notification provider after the tragic shootings in 2007 in order to expand their crisis communications and response capability for possible future events.
- Everbridge “best practices “gleaned from 10 years of providing notification during emergency events includes the requirement to communicate across multiple modalities during a crisis (e.g. phone, sms, voice to text, email, etc.), as audiences use an ever-expanding array of communication devices. Students may prefer to be reached on their cell phones, but campus faculty and staff may be more likely to respond by email or a call to their office phone.
- Confirmation of message receipt: This key feature of the Everbridge system provides an interactive communications capability so first-responders can tell who has confirmed receipt of the message, and who has not, to ensure they are able to focus their response efforts more efficiently and effectively.
Gartner Inc. names Everbridge a leader in its 2012 Magic Quadrant for U.S. Emergency / Mass Notification Services (EMNS)
Gartner assesses vendors on their completeness of vision and ability to execute that vision. Everbridge empowers better decisions with interactive communications throughout the incident lifecycle to protect your most important assets. Everbridge helps more than 30 million people communicate in a crisis and connect on a daily basis. The company’s notification platform is widely regarded for its: Elastic Infrastructure Model that delivers near infinite scale; Advanced mobile connectivity; Real-time reporting and analytics. More than 1,000 enterprise customers in more than 100 countries rely on Everbridge for their emergency notification and day-to-day communication and incident management needs. Given our breadth and depth of expertise, Everbridge is the preferred choice for global business continuity professionals, Certified Emergency Managers, and public safety professionals globally.
Higher Education Client Testimonails:
“At Jackson State University, we strive to be on the forefront of campus security, and ensuring the safety of our campus community is one of our highest priorities. We are continuously evaluating ways to strengthen campus safety, and the Everbridge emergency notification system is another innovative tool in our all-hazards, multi-layered approach to emergency preparedness.”
Dr. Ronald Mason Jr., President, Jackson State University
“The Everbridge Aware Campus Alert system is a sophisticated tool that is easy to use. I believe it can only further benefit our students, faculty, and staff.”
Larry Hincker, associate vice president for university relations, Virginia Tech
“Everbridge's solution leads the industry and will enable RIT to quickly and efficiently communicate with students, faculty and staff in any emergency using a variety of communication methods, including text messaging, instant messaging, email and voice calls to cell phones and dormitory phones. The Everbridge mass notification system will play an instrumental role in helping RIT to manage any crisis situation or non-standard condition across the campus.”
Jonathan Maurer, Director of Business Operations and Risk Management Services, RIT
“After reviewing a number of notification systems, the capabilities of Everbridge's Aware Campus Alert system set it apart from the rest of the field. We are pleased to partner with Everbridge to enhance Pepperdine's emergency response capability.”
Gary Hanson, Executive VP and Chair of the Emergency Operations Committee, Pepperdine University
“The Everbridge mass notification system has saved us a tremendous amount of time in emergency situations ranging from gas leaks to shootings. As the University of Alaska Anchorage continues to build on its crisis response capabilities, we will leverage the Everbridge system as a fundamental component of our communication strategy.”
Chief Dale Pittman, University of Alaska Anchorage Police Department
Other Everbridge clients include: