Redl Rotunda Dedication
September 29, 2016
- Thank you, Chris, and good afternoon to all. We’re glad you could join us today as we honor Herb and Sue Redl, who are great friends of Marist and respected civic leaders in our community.
- Since we’re standing in the Murray Student Center, I’d be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge President Emeritus Dennis Murray. Dennis worked very closely with the Redls over the years, and it’s fitting that he’s here with us today.
- Since arriving here at Marist, I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know Herb and Sue Redl, and I must say I’ve been impressed and inspired by their 64-year partnership!
- Together, they’ve built a premier network of businesses firmly rooted in our community. Herb Redl Properties has been a trusted leader in the real estate development and management industry for more than six decades. And, along with their dad, Herb and Sue’s four daughters are carrying on this great tradition. As the father of daughters, I know how blessed you are!
- The Redl name is known throughout the Hudson River Valley, where it’s synonymous with business success and innovation. Herb is known as one of the region’s most prominent entrepreneurs and a dedicated citizen – a self-made man in the best sense of the word.
- Herb is a native son who, along with his wife, Sue, is deeply invested in this community through his family connections, business ventures, and philanthropic support.
- Today, the College is honored to recognize Herb and Sue’s longstanding commitment to increasing access to higher education, and we thank them for all the doors they’ve opened to local students.
- The Herb and Sue Redl Scholarship, which was founded in 1994, has provided vital assistance to talented students with financial need, allowing them to complete their college education at Marist. To date, 57 students have been awarded 106 Redl Scholarships.
- Beyond this great commitment to Marist students, Herb and Sue have also made a very generous philanthropic commitment to the College, and we are proud that their names and the name of their family will be forever linked with Marist in this magnificent area we’re standing in today.
- Therefore, Marist is proud to dedicate this space and celebrate its stature as the REDL ROTUNDA.
- The Redl Rotunda serves as the crossroads of Marist, welcoming tens of thousands of Marist students, alumni, prospective students and parents, and visitors from all across the country and the world to our campus.
- Herb and Sue, in recognition of all you have done, allow me to present you with this token of our appreciation and let me also offer my personal thanks for your great support of Marist.