Ten Days. Three Credits
Faculty-Led Study Abroad Trip for Adult Students
WINTER 2018: January 2-11, 2018 **
Gain new perspectives on communication and leadership while immersed in Dominican Republic history and culture. This innovative program allows adult students to examine and debate the ethical responsibilities placed on past, current, and future generations based on the intersection of globalization, political and economic climates, nationalism, and societal needs.
Students will analyze complex issues such as intracultural communication among nations with contentious relationships and dependent economies, the adverse impacts of human activities upon natural systems in agricultural and tourist dependent environments, forced labor, and social and gender stratification.
Participation in this marketable experience will strategically position students to tackle similar thematic issues facing our global society and individual organizations.
Preference given to Liberal/Professional Studies majors and adult students enrolled in traditional majors.
INTD 317L: Perspective on the Dominican Republic
**Pre-departure meeting: December 16, 2017
About the Program
- Sophomore standing with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Participate in all course related orientation and academic activities prior to departure and overseas.
- Desire to gain new perspectives on current issues such as intracultural communication among nations with contentious relationships and dependent economies, the adverse impacts of human activities upon natural systems in agricultural and tourist dependent environments, forced labor, and social and gender stratification.
SAVE YOUR SURPLUS!
- Excess Fall Financial Aid can be applied toward the program fee
Program Fee: TBD
- Includes: 3-credit tuition, round-trip air fare, on-site program transportation, accommodations (double/triple occupancy), breakfast, one welcome dinner, one farewell dinner, health insurance, and travel insurance.
- Does not include: meals not on the itinerary, personal expenses, transportation to and from JFK, passport, Visa (if required), arrival/departure tax (if required).
- Program fees included on summer tuition bill.
Sign-up open late September - early November
For more information, please contact: