The Future of Fashion MOOC Launches
Student-led online course first of many under The FOLD
Running now through June 4, the "Future of Fashion" was developed and administered entirely by students. This 12-module course will guide participants through the theories of trend movement, the history of street fashion, how to spot and contextualize important trends, and finally, creating a digital portfolio of street-style observations. A typical module might include a web exploration, an image gallery, a brief reading, and guiding questions.
Although they are designed to be completed on a weekly basis, users may progress through the sections entirely at their own pace. Most importantly, the Future of Fashion MOOC is a fun, fast-moving project that will enhance anyone's understanding of fashion, trend, style and culture.
With >The FOLD, Marist’s renowned Fashion Program is taking full advantage of the college’s leading-edge technology platform and recognized expertise in academic technology to provide to students and around the world interested in all facets of the fashion industry:
- A student-driven, academic fashion community built on global communication, info-sharing and emerging social research
- Free online mini-courses for the fashion-minded student or professional
- The first peer-to-peer online course…Students teaching students about fashion trend forecasting
- Insider’s view on everything Fashion at Marist and far beyond
- A fashion-based virtual community available to anyone anywhere
Marist launched The FOLD at New York Fashion Week last month, where it presented MaristXOXBetsey, a special reprise show of design icon Betsey Johnson's Fall collection under the tents at Lincoln Center. Learn more and see a video about MaristXOXBetsey.