Fieldwork Deadlines and Preparation Checklist
FIELDWORK PREPARATION DEADLINES:
- To go on fieldwork in a fall semester, the paperwork above must be completed by April 25th of the previous spring semester.
- To go on fieldwork in a spring semester, the paperwork above must be completed by December 1st of the previous fall semester.
- To go on fieldwork in a 12-week summer semester, the paperwork above must be completed by April 25th of the previous spring semester.
NOTE: The following special proposals/requests must be submitted in writing (along with a rationale) to the Fieldwork Coordinator at least ONE MONTH prior to the respective deadline dates specified above:
- Proposing a NEW fieldwork site.
- Requesting exceptions to any of the fieldwork policies in this manual.
Requesting an extension of a deadline: A request must be submitted in writing to the Fieldwork Coordinator for an extension of a deadline.
The proposal/request must be accompanied by a substantive explanation/rationale. (Procrastination is not an acceptable reason.)
CHECKLIST: DID YOU…
- Attend a mandatory PSYC Fieldwork Orientation Meeting? If not, you must contact the Fieldwork Coordinator immediately.
- During the orientation, did you give the Fieldwork Coordinator your Marist Email address?
- Read the online Fieldwork Manual, especially the sections regarding Preparing For Fieldwork AND the Fieldwork syllabus?
- Meet the Prerequisites to be able to go on fieldwork?
- Complete the Code of Ethics Form and submit it to the Fieldwork Coordinator?
- Apply to fieldwork sites that are aligned with your interests and career pursuits?
- Inform all fieldwork sites of any courses scheduled, vacations, or other time constraints during the fieldwork semester, so they know ahead of time of possible scheduling issues?
- Accept an offer from ONE site and DECLINE offers from other sites so they can offer the fieldwork position to another student?
- Register for Fieldwork?
- Complete the Fieldwork Contract Form with input from your proposed Site Supervisor?
- Get your Site Supervisor’s signature, as well as your own, on the finalized Fieldwork Contract and submit it to the Fieldwork Coordinator (by fax, snail mail, or Psych. Dept. mailbox) for her approval and signature?
- Receive a confirmation email from the Fieldwork Coordinator indicating that you are all set to start fieldwork the first week of the coming semester or summer session, and identifying your Marist Faculty Supervisor (Instructor)?
- Remember that the student is responsible for contacting the Faculty Supervisor by the first week of the fieldwork semester. (See Faculty Supervisor contact info). Also, remember that students are required to use their Marist Email address for all fieldwork correspondence.