What is Expected of Marist College
The appropriate Psychology Department faculty members (e.g., the Fieldwork Coordinator, the Faculty Supervisors, etc.) will:
- confirm the eligibility of students proposing to go on fieldwork.
- make decisions regarding students’ requests for exceptions to standard fieldwork policies/procedures.
- determine the suitability of fieldwork sites as placement for the students.
- determine reasonable limits regarding the number of students who are allowed to fieldworker at a particular site.
- assign faculty supervisors to students for personal and professional support and to act as a liaison between the fieldwork site and the College.
- help the students integrate their academic learning and field experiences.
- provide academic advising to assist in the clarification of career planning.
- assign a grade of "Pass" or "No Credit" for the fieldwork experience.
- offer a limited tuition waiver to the Site Supervisor, transferable to an agency employee. Please contact the Fieldwork Coordinator regarding the details of this offer.
- provide Certificate of Insurance Liability forms when necessary.