Fieldwork Preparation Deadlines
The time to set up a Fieldwork Placement is the SEMESTER BEFORE you go out into the field.
Students must have arranged for a fieldwork placement, submitted the Code of Ethics and Professional Behavior Form, and the signed/approved Fieldwork Contract to the appropriate Fieldwork Coordinator according to the following deadlines:
- For Fall Semester Fieldwork, the forms must be completed by April 25th of the previous Spring Semester.
- For Spring Semester Fieldwork, the forms must be completed by December 1st of the previous Fall Semester.
- For the 12-week Summer Semester Fieldwork, the forms must be completed by April 25th of the previous Spring Semester.
- Requesting an Extension of a Deadline: A request must be submitted in writing to the Fieldwork Coordinator for an extension of a deadline. The proposal/request must be accompanied by a substantive explanation/rationale. (Procrastination is not an acceptable reason.)
- NOTE: The following special proposals/requests must be submitted in writing (along with a rationale) to the Fieldwork Coordinator at least ONE MONTH prior to the respective deadline dates specified above:
1. Proposing a NEW fieldwork site.
2. Requesting exceptions to any of the Fieldwork Policies in this Manual.
Currently, the Fieldwork Coordinator for the Poughkeepsie Main Campus Students AND Marist Extension Sites (Fishkill) is:
Janine Buxton, M.S., L.M.H.C.
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601-1387
phone: (845) 575-3000, x7696
fax: (845) 575-3965