News & Events
Welcome to the Psychology Department's News & Events webpage. We are pleased to acknowledge the contributions, achievements, and awards of the students and faculty within the department.
(Updated May 1, 2013)
O’Loughlin, C., Montgomery, A., & O’Donnell, P. S. (2013, February). Developed countries’ autism rates with medical, environmental,
and nutritional correlates.
Dr. Peter del Rosario and Toni Ann Mastando of the Mental Health Counseling Master’s Program presented a poster at the 18thannual meeting of the Northeast Conference for Teachers of Psychology, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA.
Mastando, T. & del Rosario, P. (2012, September). What instructors should know about public speaking anxiety.
Marist Psychology was well represented at the 84th annual meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association, NY, NY.
del Rosario, P. M., Drake, K., Makhmudova, R., Mastando, T., Peluso, K., & Yaskulski, A. (2013, March). Eating disorders across
diverse populations: A literature review.
Gelok, D. (2013) The effects of parenting styles on college student drinking.
A number of fellow students accompanied these presenters to offer support and to experience the other talks and sessions at the conference. A photo of Danielle and Dr. Janschewitz appears below:
Kinlaw, C. R., MacPherson, L., Smith, K., Greenfield, A., McCall, R. J., & Kurtz-Costes, B., (2013, April). Examination of the
development of the concept of ability in German and U.S. students according to two contrasting perspectives.
A photo of Dr. Kinlaw and Andrea appears below:
The psychology department was also well represented at CURSCA (Celebration of Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, & Creative Activity) held on the second floor of the Hancock Center on the Marist College campus on April 10, 2013.
Katelynn Drake, Roza Makhmudova, Toni-Ann Mastando, Kristen Peluso, and Alexa Yaskulski: Eating disorders across diverse populations: A literature review
Kerrin Giordano: Trends in personnel selection: An evaluation of personality testing and social networking in personnel selection
Andrea Greenfield: Examination of the development of the concept of ability in German and U.S. students according to two contrasting perspectives
Toni-Ann Mastando: What instructors should know about public speaking anxiety
The Psychology Club held its Student Faculty Luncheon on Wednesday, February 27, 11:30am-1:00pm in Dyson 230. About 40 students and 10 faculty (including 2 new adjuncts) attended the event and enjoyed the opportunity for informal conversation over a pleasant lunch. Additional events are planned for the semester. Click here for more information.
The PSI CHI induction ceremony was held April 6 at 11:00am in Hancock 2023. The Marist chapter inducted 39 students. Many family members and faculty were in attendance.
The Psychology Club sponsored an event for middle school students on Wednesday, April 3 from 11:15-1:15. The event was held in McCann's gray gym in honor of Diversity Day.
Summer Internships and Job Opportunities
- No deadline given—See attached files for contact information
- Boston Children's Hospital Cognitive Neuroscience Research Assistants & Recruitment Coordinator
- Brown University Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Lab Research Assistant
- Carnegie Mellon Cognitive Development Lab Research Associate II
- Center for Biobehavioral Health (Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio) Research Assistant
- Georgetown University Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory Research Assistant/Lab Manager
- Georgetown University Cognitive Aging Research Assistant Position
- Harvard Social Cognitive Development Lab Coordinator
- Haskins Laboratories (New Haven, CT) Research Associate
- Johns Hopkins Neuroplasticity and Development Lab Research Program Coordinator
- Notre Dame Infant Studies Lab Coordinator
- NYU Infant Cognition and Communication Lab Research Coordinator
- UNC Greensboro Memory Development Lab Manager
- Temple University Cognition & Learning Lab Research Assistant
- UC Davis Center for Mind and Brain Research Assistant
- University of Chicago Center for Early Childhood Research and Human Performance Laboratory Research Assistants
- University of Notre Dame Cognition Learning and Development Lab Research Assistant
- University of Rochester Concepts, Objects, and Actions Lab Assistant
- Yale Social Cognitive Development Lab Manager