Marist Science Graduates are making a National Impact
The School of Science takes pride in our ability to prepare our graduates to make a National Impact! We also work closely with students who wish to live and work in the Hudson Valley, the New York City metropolitan area, or wherever they call home.
- Close to 30% of graduates from our Medical Technology program since 1998 are employed at the nation's Top 20 Hospitals as listed by U.S. News & World Report, including...
read more »
- Graduates from the past several years have been accepted to M.S. and Ph.D. programs at some of our nation's finest universities, including Cornell, Columbia, Duke, Yale, SUNY-ESF, Purdue, Georgia Tech, Penn State, Texas, Indiana, Northwestern, and many more.
- Our athletic training students have gone on to graduate programs and have worked with professional sports organizations. One is currently employed as an Assistant Athletic Trainer with the Washington Redskins. Another worked with the San Francisco 49ers before becoming an Assistant Athletic Trainer for football at the University of California, Berkley. Another notable AT grad is now a member of the Marist College Athletic Training Education Program faculty.
- During the past several years our current students have been selected for competitive summer research internships at sites such as Harvard Medical School, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories, the National Institutes of Health, the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, RPI, Cornell University, Columbia University, University of Hawaii, University of Washington, Penn State, etc.
- Our graduates are or have been employed by nationally known entities such as Bayer, Pfizer, Food & Drug Administration, Environmental Protection Agency, Eli Lilly, Texaco, IBM, the Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, Franklin Institute Science Museum (Philadelphia), Verizon Wireless, Con Edison, and Dana Farber Cancer Center, just to name a few.
- Since 1999, our pre-med students have enjoyed a 78% rate of acceptance to medical schools, compared to a nationwide average of less than half that rate. Medical schools that have accepted our students since 1999 include Medical College of Virginia, Weill College of Medicine at Cornell University, SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Thomas Jefferson University,...
read more »
- We have a joint B.S.-Certificate program in Cytotechnology with the world-famous Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in NYC, an early assurance plan with the School of Dental Medicine at Tufts University in Boston, and a priority admission program with the Arizona School of Health Sciences in the Phoenix area.
- Since 2006, three Marist science students have been selected as Goldwater Scholars; this is the nation's most prestigious award for undergraduates in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- In both 2004 and 2007, research posters presented by Marist Chemistry students were selected among the best student posters at the annual international conference of the Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopic Societies.