Marist Science Graduates are making a National Impact
The School of Science takes pride in our ability to prepare our graduates to make a National Impact! We also work closely with students to help them reach their full potentials.
- Since the programs inception in 1982, 100% of medical technology graduates who wanted to work in the profession have successfully gained employment.
- Science graduates from the past several years have been accepted to M.S. and Ph.D. programs at some of our nation's finest universities, including Cornell, Columbia, Duke, Yale, University of California Davis, Purdue, Georgia Tech, Penn State, Texas, Carnegie Mellon, Indiana, Northwestern, and many more.
- Our athletic training students have achieved a 100% first time pass rate on their board exams over the past four years and 50%of them have continued their education in graduate programs at institutions such as the University of Connecticut, University of Florida and university of Virginia. Our graduates continue to be employed as athletic trainers in high school, collegiate and professional sport setting and some even serve as clinical preceptors for the program. Two notable AT alums are now faculty members of the Marist College Athletic Training Education Program.
- During the past several years our current students have been selected for competitive summer research internships at sites such as Harvard Medical School, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories, the National Institutes of Health, the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, RPI, Cornell University, Columbia University, University of Hawaii, University of Washington, Penn State, etc.
- Our graduates are or have been employed by nationally known entities such as Bayer, Pfizer, Food & Drug Administration, Environmental Protection Agency, Eli Lilly, Texaco, IBM, the Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, Franklin Institute Science Museum (Philadelphia), Verizon Wireless, Con Edison, and Dana Farber Cancer Center, just to name a few.
- Since 2012, our pre-med students have enjoyed over 70% acceptance rate to medical schools, compared to a nationwide average about 43%. Medical schools that have accepted our students include Medical College of Virginia, Weill College of Medicine at Cornell University, Georgetown University School of Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Thomas Jefferson University.
- Since 2006, six Marist science students have been selected as Goldwater Scholars (including two in 2017); the nation's most prestigious award for undergraduates in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Science students have also been awarded Fulbright scholarships and a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship.
- Approximately 50% of our chemistry and biochemistry graduates have entered fully funded PhD programs.