IV. Advance Our Leadership Role in Using Technology to Support Teaching, Learning, Scholarship, and Institutional Effectiveness.
- Implement and influence new open-source strategies and further promote community-source projects to enhance quality and effectiveness, maintain first adopter advantage, and reduce operational costs.
- Initiate an advanced Web strategy that includes constant updates, interactivity, social media connections, portability, multimedia tools, and converged communications capabilities.
- Encourage and support the ethical and appropriate use of social media, real-time collaboration, and other forms of mediated communication to promote innovative ideas and problem solving.
- Capitalize on the full functionality of the newly implemented Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other service systems to more effectively provide online services to all students, faculty, and staff.
- Increase opportunities and incentives for faculty to use technology in all teaching venues, research, and scholarship, and provide opportunities to share successful and creative uses.
- Build on successful models such as the mainframe Knowledge Center of IBM's global academic initiative in order to create an international reputation for expertise in technological learning.
- Continue to upgrade our infrastructure so that we remain a leader in technology-enhanced education.