V. Build a More Diverse and International College Community.
Initiatives – General
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of the campus climate, using the results to ensure that we are a receptive and inviting community that promotes equity and access for all individuals.
- Implement diversity initiatives based on research of best practices across the industry.
Initiatives – Students
- Increase the diversity of the student population across all parameters, including racial/ethnic,
geographic, gender, socioeconomic, religious, and other characteristics.
- Develop a comprehensive funding strategy, including grant opportunities, to provide more
financial aid to students in need.
- Enhance programs and support services for underrepresented and international students.
- Increase the number of students studying abroad across all areas of the globe, especially in
- Increase the number of international students studying at Marist.
Initiatives – Workforce
- Implement a focused recruitment plan to address areas of underrepresentation and increase the diversity of the workforce.
- Develop and implement a diversity outreach program to recruit and attract minority candidates for faculty and administrative employment opportunities at the College.
- Continue to expand the role of the Diversity Council, including its sponsorship of programs
that emphasize and celebrate diversity at the College.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive training program for faculty and staff that promotes
the understanding and value of diversity.